Page 1 of 1
[AOM 0.5.9.249] File rename not using episode name
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:41 am
I have the AOM filemanager setup to check a network drive every 15 minutes for new files, and then hash and rename any valid files that it finds. This works fine aside from renaming with the correct episode name. Instead of using the episode name as given on AniDB it just uses "Episode 15" or whatever number episode it happens to be. As near as I can tell this happens for all new files that are hashed like this.
Curiously when I force a reload and rehash of everything by deleting everything in the "kowai" directory aside from my local_settings.xml, the renaming works flawlessly.
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:11 pm
Please ensure that the episode has a different title in the mylist pane. If it doesn't then AniDB is simply not sending the correct title to AOM.
I assume by "reload" you mean redownloading the dumps from anidb?
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:19 pm
Yep, there's definitely a different title in the mylist pane and yes, a full redownload of the dumps from anidb.
This has been happening for a couple of months now, but originally I just thought that I was hashing the files before anidb had been updated with the correct episode names.
Let me know if there's any more info I can provide.
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:34 pm
Well, I'll ask the coders to fix the tcp api.
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:49 am
afaicu, it happens because AOM 0.5 does not support the "new" episode title system. when a title is changed, AOM does not notice it because the ep itself has not been modified. in other words, AOM has to implement the eptitle command. (i don't think it would be a good idea to hack this on the server side, although everything is possible)
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:03 am
Cool, as long as there's a reasonable explanation and it wasn't just me going crazy
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:47 am
Aom.5 will never implement the EPTITLE command so unless this is fixed in the tcp api nothing will be done about it. It would require too much work and I'd prefer to spend that effort on the vapoware aom.6 version.
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:14 am
Curiously this seems to be working now. I haven't made any changes on my end, has anything changed on the site that might affect this in the last week or so?
EDIT: Ok this is weird. I originally noticed that this had worked with a file that I added on the 9th of August, however a file that I just added a minute ago is back to the same problem.
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:44 pm
nothing has been done and nothing will be done (i think). meaning you most likely have to wait for .6 to see this fixed
it might seem weird, but it's really not. and i have already explained it
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:07 pm
It works like this:
- When an episode is added it has "Episode 07" as title.
- If you then synchronize your aom with anidb it'll see "Episode 07" as title.
- If the episode title is then changed but the episode itself remains unchanged aom will still see "Episode 07" as title.
- Only if a) the episode itself is edited or b) a new dumpfile is created will the episode get it's correct title in aom.
A new dump file is generated once a month or so.
The reason it is like this is because the underlying structure of anidb has changed. The structure in the tcp api has also changed but it would be too much work for me for it to be worth fixing at this point.
I you want up to date episode names I recommend using WebAOM which uses the UDP API which was changed on the server side to comform with the change unlike the TCP API.
It is perfectly possible to fix this serverside for the TCP API too but I doubt the developers want to as they now shun aom.5.