AOM 0.5.9.249 will rehash files every time...

Bug reports for an official AniDB Client go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

taltamir

AOM 0.5.9.249 will rehash files every time...

Post by taltamir »

If you replace a file with another file that has the exact same name (but different size and content in these cases) AOM would rehash the files every time it starts, and would not replace the data...

The new files are generic modified files that are not found on anidb. The old files were on anidb...

It says stuff about deleting duplicates and so on, rehashes them, and keeps the wrong data, and then repeats the process next time it runs.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Hmm, curious... I always wondered why it did that... I guess you found why! ;) I'll look into it next time I make a new aom.5. :D
taltamir

Post by taltamir »

yippy. I always feel such huge satisfaction when I manage to track down a bug :)
Thumper

Re: AOM 0.5.9.249 will rehash files every time...

Post by Thumper »

taltamir wrote:If you replace a file with another file that has the exact same name (but different size and content in these cases) AOM would rehash the files every time it starts, and would not replace the data...
After 6 moths of nearly flawless work, now my AOM client tries to rehash the same files (on the same USB HD, same drive letter, etc.). It seems that the entries randomly disappear from local hashes DB, even if I have rehashed them, for example, the week before or the day before.

I have also noticed that the filesize of local_* files is not growing in the last weeks. I wonder if there's a limit in the number of local files the AOM can handle...

T.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

I have over 20000 files hashed in my AOM atm (imagine my startup times...) so I don't think there's any such problem. However, a more likely reason is that the USB drive is sometimes disconnected.

In your file manager you might have set it to remove files that no longer exist, if the USB drive is disconnected it won't find the files and thus remove them. Once the USB drive is connected again it'll think it found some new files and rehash them.

Note that even if you don't disconnect the drive yourself there might be something causing a disconnect without your knowledge, try setting AOM to not remove hashed files it can't find and see if that fixes the problem.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

PetriW wrote:In your file manager you might have set it to remove files that no longer exist, if the USB drive is disconnected it won't find the files and thus remove them. Once the USB drive is connected again it'll think it found some new files and rehash them.
Hi PetriW,

I have checked and none of the File Manager settings have been enabled, even the "Auto Remove Deleted Files". I noticed this strange behavior 3 weeks ago, and nothing has been changed in my architecture since its appearance.

To add further details, I have checked through the logs of this morning run and when I asked to add the whole directory, AOM found missing files that where still present in the local hashes DB. When I started rehashing this is what happened:

[Yoroshiku]_Kekkaishi_-_16_v2_(1024x576)_(H264)_[B938FB4E].mp4 with ed2k ed2k://|file|[Yoroshiku]_Kekkaishi_-_16_v2_(1024x576)_(H264)_[B938FB4E].mp4|247857389|e0dd0247e1d038fefcdbcdbf77b349ee|/
[02/10/2007 7.23.26] Loading local files...
[02/10/2007 7.23.26] TAniDBLocalFiles.Update: Found duplicate of "e:\anime\kekkaishi\[yoroshiku]_kekkaishi_-_17_(1024x576)_(h264)_[7ad91283].mp4"! Deleting...

...and now this file is not present anymore in local hashes 8O.

This is not happening for the whole content of the USB HD, only some directories.

To give you more hints:

- PC Centrino 2.0 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB local HD
- Local DB: 7700 files
- I usually work offline and manually import the hashes via web

Thanks for your help,
T.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Hmm, sounds like you have the same problem as the topic starter then. I'll fix this if there's anything else in aom.5 that needs urgent attention, however I try to focus my attention on aom.eternity to somehow sometime get it done. :oops: