Unknown status code -1 with AOM 0.5.6.243

Bug reports for an official AniDB Client go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

sam0t

Unknown status code -1 with AOM 0.5.6.243

Post by sam0t »

I did a fresh install of my XP and when downloading my database from anidb I get the following error:

[3.10.2006 13:21:29] ! Unknown staus code -1 while unauthorized, command queue halted... Please restart.

I have tried several times to download the file again, but the error keeps popping up. Any idea whats causing this? Thanks
sam0t

Post by sam0t »

Still getting this :(

Basicly rendered my aniDB usage to 0%. Can anybody help or suggest a alternative program I could use with aniDB?
suppy

Post by suppy »

This page: AniDB Clients lists the clients that are developped with anidb. If AOM isn't working for you, I would suggest WebAOM. It doesn't have everything AOM has, but it's good enough for me.

There are also other types of clients that use the UDP API that are listed here: UDP Clients ... however these are just made by individuals just as yourself who use AniDB and wanted to do different things with it.
sam0t

Post by sam0t »

Tried the WebAOM untill I realised I cannot browse aniDB content with it, just add stuff to mylist. Is AnimeOmatic the only program capable of browsing the database?

Or maybe Iam just too dumb. Iam at alt page and it says press F5 to update, but nothing happens :)
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

sam0t wrote:... Is AnimeOmatic the only program capable of browsing the database? ...
yes
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Currently looking into what's causing the -1 error, it only happens to new users / users who reset their database.
sam0t

Post by sam0t »

PetriW wrote:Currently looking into what's causing the -1 error, it only happens to new users / users who reset their database.
Thanks for your efforts. This was a rather nasty suprise after reinstalling AOM. You never appriciate things untill they stop working :!:
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

A new version (0.5.6.244) is now available on the wiki. :D
Sorry for taking so long to fix this.
sam0t

Post by sam0t »

Works like a champ! Thank you again :D