Coordination issues

Bug reports for an official AniDB Client go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Trilandian

Coordination issues

Post by Trilandian »

The AOM doesn't present the correct information concerning mylist. Can it be ammended in some way, or is it a known issue with the current version that should be resolved in the next software update?
Hoerie

Post by Hoerie »

That sure is a terse description...wonder if anyone will understand without further explanation ;-)
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

i doubt it, without proper explanation this will be redirect to PetriW's /dev/null list of problems to solve..
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

Did I not explain propperly? Alright then, allow me to elaborate. You know how in the statistics window there is a section in the upper right that shows how many files you have in which status category, right? Well, the figures are off...
So, am I supposed to fix it or do I wait for the next version?
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

The statistics are correct if you restart, they can sometimes go wrong if you change your mylist. It's not something I'm going to fix either so just live with it for now. ;)
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

The statistics are not correct, trust me! I counted all the files I have in deleted and hdd (more the once) and it isn't what the AOM shows, nor does it change no matter how many times I reinitiate the program.
So, I am to understand this problem will not be adressed? Very well. It's a shame though, since that statistics window is pretty much the only reason I have for utilising the AOM.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

It won't be fixed because aom.5 is no longer being worked on. And honestly, you don't give an example of HOW it's wrong, most likely it's you counting wrong. Or not understanding that aom doesn't count everything the same as anidb does.
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

Well that would make some sense if only in one of the categories it didn't show more then there really is.

And how can you say that I'm couting wrong? It's not complicated or anything!

Also, the fact that AOM 5 is no longer being upgraded does not bother me so long as there will be a followup version (AOM 6).
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

You still provide no information on the bug, I can't help you.
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

Ugh, I did not realise I spoke latin... :?
For the final time, the mylist statistics window did not show how many files I had in each status category.
Nevermind though, it seems the problem cleared up somehow... sorry for the bother.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

Trilandian wrote:Ugh, I did not realise I spoke latin... :?
no you speak "tard" OMG IT'S NOT WORKIN!!!1!!!" just doesn't help to pinpoint problems. taking such a smartassattituide will certainly not get us to help you any faster or at all...

when reporting a bug exactly(!) state what you are doing. saying "i counted them manually" doesn#t help if you don't elaborate on what you are counting. like are you filtering possibly you use some wrong numbrs or heck knows.

and last i consider manually counting hundreds of files quite errorprone so don't say it's not.
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

1. What did I do wrong here? Seriously! I thought I was pretty specific.
2. It's not hundreds in all the categories, and I did not lok for perfect matches, the figures were off by double-digit numbers.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

again you do not specify WHAT and WHERE you count. like do you count in the webinterface or do you count by file etc. get it into your head we don't see what you do. we aren't espers.
Trilandian

Post by Trilandian »

Of course I count by web interface dummy! What good would it do to me counting the files I have to check against the AOM if the website's database hasn't updated them yet? Contrary to what you think of me, I ain't stupid!
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

it took you 7(!) posts to finally provide the info neccessary. like said we can't read your mind. you could have counted the files in your mylist in aoma nd it didn't match up with the count or heck knows thats why making things clear IS important ffs. bug reports in the manner of "it's not working OMG FIX" never help anyone...

so lets get down to buisness. you are wrong! the webinterface has heavy caching and can easily be "broken" until the next update. furthermore the stats in your "myplace" are only updated ONCE every 3 days. so the count in the webinterface is (mostly) NEVER accurate. aom counts the files on it's own´in realtime so it IS correct.

take note that we never assumed you are stupid. you proved that point by your actions and behaviour yourself.