AniDB MyList and AOM MyList out of sync

Bug reports for an official AniDB Client go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Antono

AniDB MyList and AOM MyList out of sync

Post by Antono »

This happens to me so many times that I've always thought of it as a cool feature of the AOM client.. I was quite suprised today when I searched the forum and I've not found anyone else reporting anything like this!

Example:

I burned some animes on DVD the day before yesterday and used the AniDB.net to change the files' state to "on CD". However, only 1 anime out of the 5 that I've updated was updated in the AOM's MyList too. The rest still show under "on HD" filter.

Later on, I watched a couple of episodes (other animes than the ones involved above) and I used AOM to mark them "watched" while offline. AOM used to update the AniDB MyList with the "watched" state as soon as it would reconnect to the server. Well, today, it simply didn't.

So, now my 2 MyLists are out of sync. As I said, it happens to me all the time and maybe it's a known bug but I couldn't find anyone else complaining. So,

1) Is it my fault? Maybe I'm supposed to use ONLY AOM to manipulate MyList???

2) Is there a way to re-download the MyList data from AniDB and overwrite AOM's so that they're synced again? I've read about the /fullupdate switch but I really wish I could avoid downloading the whole Anime Database from the server because I'm on a 56k modem.

Thanks!

(Did I tell you how gratefull I am for this client and the AniDB site? Did I??
Oooops there it is, I said it! ) :D
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

The dumps are currently broken, AOM will probably not work correctly until they're fixed.

However, offline mode is not to be trusted. It's 100% untested stuff which I added because some people weren't connected 24/7.
Antono

Post by Antono »

Thanks PetriW.