[BUG] crashes in update, then crashes on startup

Bug reports for an official AniDB Client go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Elandal

[BUG] crashes in update, then crashes on startup

Post by Elandal »

Details here.
Looks like the connection to anidb is closed unexpectedly, and the client doesn't handle the situation.
After that, it may be that the local database isn't in expected state, and it crashes due to that.

-- EDIT --

Now it completed. I think this was fourth try. So, it may be a problem with network connection timeout sometimes.
Hisoka

RE: [BUG] crashes in update, then crashes on startup

Post by Hisoka »

Seems like there was a timeout of the http connection during download of the update files ( i will cache them in the future for slow machines )

after that the crash @ startup is predictable as you said the db is fuxx0rt after a broken update ( the error handling is quite difficult but on todo since start of the project )

Cya
Hisoka[]
alaureijs

Post by alaureijs »

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.
I get the same message, and it occurs on one to-be-updated file only. The behaviour seems to be after updating the hashfile (index.adb?) and during the fetch of the file details to determine whether the file exists in the remote database.

My hunch was that maybe the filename+path is a little too long but that is based only by looking at the filename:

D:\eMule\Love Hina\1 - Love Hina\Love_Hina_-_01_-_All-Girls_Dormitory_with_Outdoor_Bath_-_HOT_SPRING_-_[aod](a8ab2210)[AniDB].avi

But after renaming to d:\temp\a.avi it displayed the same behaviour.

Hmmm... fails also for part 2 in Love Hina... interesting
alaureijs

Post by alaureijs »

Interesting:

I threw away the database and recreated a new one. Tried hashing first before update but that did not fool the client. Then updated before hashing. Now the series is accepted by the client. A fresh clean database seems to do the trick here..

Pity, 'cause that added to the load of the web database.