[AOM 0.5.1.219] Uses 514Mb of memory just to start [DUPE]

Bug reports for an official AniDB Client go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

meermanr

[AOM 0.5.1.219] Uses 514Mb of memory just to start [DUPE]

Post by meermanr »

Wait, make that 616Mb now it is "processing dump download.."

I'm fairly sure it didn't always use up this much memory when it started.. It's crippling my system to start AOM!

My hunch is that the data files on my disk are corrupted in some way, but rather than just delete them and hope for the best, I thought I'd keep them and see if there is anything you'd like me to exam / experiment with?

While I don't program in C/C++ myself ( yet, I will start soon on a couple of Nintendo consoles ), I am quite techy and willing to run debuggers/what-not if it will help.

So, is this something you're aware of? Or should I probe it a little for you?

RobM

Tech Info:
WindowsXP Pro, SP1 and all critical windowsUpdates as of last week
512MB DDR RAM
AMD AthalonXP 2500+ (slightly overclocked)
2x HDD, C: 80Gb, D:200Gb, C has 10.2Gb/157files under the care of AOM, D has 108Gb/602files under the care of AOM
Both drives are NTFS, and both have 8Mb caches, though only the larger is SerialATA
Don't think much else is relevant, let me know if I have missed something.

PS - Now it has finished starting ( took roughly 15min!! No joke! ) and it has settled on 536Mb of private bytes, and 2 threads ( I noticed it had 3 while it was peaking on the memory graph ). Interestingly, it's only consumed 2:11min of CPU time in the 15min it took to start. So most of it must have been windows XP trying to compensate for the vast number of memory swaps it needed. Also hashing a file doesn't affect the memory use.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Known issue, just delete all the files in your kowai folder except the local_ ones.