[AOM 0.5.1.219] mylist =/= anidb mylist for ed2kdump files

Bug reports for an official AniDB Client go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

[AOM 0.5.1.219] mylist =/= anidb mylist for ed2kdump files

Post by Guest »

This is a "weird" bug that happens to me from time to time ONLY when i use ed2kdump:
i add the files, they turn ok, they appear in anidb, but in aom they never appear.
(it is happening to me with Blue Gender ep8), no matter what i do, open details, close AoM, everything else is updated, but the ep is still missing.

last time this happened i had to delete everything(excepto local_*) with the annoyance that that carries.

Le Eliminateur

Post by Guest »

addendum:
It's happening with another file as well.....

and if i try to "quick add" or "add to mylist" i get:
[27/05/2004 04:17:10 p.m.] - Connected to AniDB.
[27/05/2004 04:17:11 p.m.] - Executing new AniDB command.
[27/05/2004 04:17:12 p.m.] - File already in mylist, updating...
[27/05/2004 04:17:12 p.m.] - Executing new AniDB command.

But the file is still not shown
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Hmm, if this is only caused by ed2k_dump it might be AniDB related. AOM can't ask for an update to a specific record so it makes a request for all updates since the last update. If a record is never sent to the client then it'll never actually get to the client.
To fix this for the files you have specified I recommend changing the status of these entries in your mylist (for example, change status to "shared" or something), then they should be sent to the client properly.

If it still won't work then it's some other kind of bug. So please test. :D
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Also note, EXP denied my feature request to be able to recover single entries like needed in this case.

Post by Guest »

crap...
well, changing the status(to viewed) and waiting/restarting aom made the file to appear