[AOM 0.5.1.219] Total time for anime weirdness

Bug reports for an official AniDB Client go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Rar
AniDB Staff

[AOM 0.5.1.219] Total time for anime weirdness

Post by Rar »

Rurouni Kenshin total length is displayed in mylist as 199h 48m, but the anime list has it correct at 34h 14m. Gave me a scare there. :)

Rar
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

The mylist shows the total of all files added for an anime, not just for each episode. This essentially means you've added like 6 files per episode to your mylist. ;)
Most likelly you seleceted all episodes for RK and did an "Add to mylist" in an earlier aom version.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Nope. Only one file per episode. It happened after I'd been playing around with the mylist filters, but annoyingly I can't reproduce it now. I'll get back to you if I work out what happened.

Rar
MaJutsu

Post by MaJutsu »

I had this two, its a random bug, now i havent it anymore (3 files and 60h)
edit:
now i have this bug again (chobits 18 eps a 24 min = 6h displaed: 18h)
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

It's done it again! Rurouni Kenshin total time 66h 36m.
All I did was open AOM, hash some files, then filter mylist by 'all watched' off - log looks completely normal. Don't know if the time was wrong at start up, or became wrong at a later date. Still have only one file per episode.

Rar
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

:D Note total time vs. total file size. So far only seems to happen when I load AOM to hash files, then look at mylist - but when I try and reproduce it, never have any luck.

Rar
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Interesting. Spot the difference.

Rar
egg

Post by egg »

*bump*, me too... PetriW hasn't confirmed this is a bug, so I am just reporting that I just noticed this behavior too. I currently have all but 6 animes filtered out, and 3 of them have the wrong times... I restarted AOM and they all corrected themselves.
Dark-Star

Post by Dark-Star »

I have the same bug, with Outlaw Star. Boy, was I scared when I saw this:

Screenshot

I expanded the list so that you see that it's definitely only one file per episode that I have.

--Darkstar
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

I think it's great that someone actually searched the forum to find this thread :-)

Great work Dark-Star! (sorry for beeing no help to you :-( )
robbald

Post by robbald »

This issue is still alive and kicking. On my MyList, any anime with more than one file is reporting the time wrong. The total is always greater than the sum of the parts I have on the list. it seems to be the more episodes there are, the more out of whack the ratio between the corrent time and the reported total. So, for a single episode movie or ova, the correct time and reported time are 1:1. For a 6 episode series, the correct time and reported time, are about 1:1.5, and for a 48 episode series, the ratio is about 1:2.5, but it fluxuates a lot within those ranges, so its by no means a steady increase.

Anywho, this is with build 0.5.4.23.7

Its a really cool feature so I hope it gets straightened out.

Additional note: the total for the lengths listed in MyList does not appear to be in sync with the total time listed on the statistics tab. I am not sure is the time on the statistics tab is accurate, but its certainly closer to acurate than the lengths listed for series on MyList.
Hoerie

Post by Hoerie »

Same problem here. Is seems to always occur when I mark an episode as unwatched. This adds time to the length. My build is 0.5.5.239
Hoerie

Post by Hoerie »

Hmmm I meant when I marked them as watched.
...need more coffee...

After coffee I tried some things: If you change Status or Watched state, the length of that file is added to the length for the Series as a whole. So my Five Star Stories entry went from 1:06 to 3:18 when I changed it to Watched and On CD...
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Hmm, that's nice to know, thank you for your information.