[AOM 0.5.1.219] Crash on Exit [NEED MORE INFO]

Bug reports for an official AniDB Client go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Melikoth

[AOM 0.5.1.219] Crash on Exit [NEED MORE INFO]

Post by Melikoth »

This has happened a couple times to me and I just went into the application log and grabbed this. I think it's intresting that it doesn't say what application it was... If you need any other info let me know.

The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on 04/17/2004 @ 13:31:11.741 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 004249F4 (<nosymbols>)
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Hmm, how does the crash show?
Is it a windows crash dialog box (like for most other applications) or does it simply show a messagebox with the error?
Melikoth

Post by Melikoth »

I posted this in a new topic, which I deleted cause I found I already posted something like this. I got another one.

The exception generated was c0000005 at address 004B8BFB (<nosymbols>)

I had just finished looking for a title in the Advanced Search, hit view anime details then hit the X to close.

I got 3 popup notifications. The first two said that AOM had caused an error and would be shut down (standard crash dialog box), why there were two I don't know, but they were exactly the same. The third one was windows telling me it was adding this to the application error log, from which I got that exception message. Does this help clear anything up?
Melikoth

Post by Melikoth »

OK, I got this to happen again today. I can explain exactly what I did prior to it happening

Open AOM
It downloads an update
clicked mylist tab
clicked on list and hit "I"
picked Initial D first stage
right click -> show anime details

repeat for episodes 11, 12, 13 {
hit the + on episode 11
right click -> episode -> select most popular
right click on it -> download with ed2k
}

click the X to close the program
Crash, "application error log" dialog box. There was no other dialogs.

Windows did not, however create a log of this that I could find in the even viewer, thought it's probably similar to the other ones.

Finally got one when I was paying attention, hope this helps.

[edit]
it doesn't crash every time, maybe like 1 in 12. And it's not always the same combination every time.