Bug reports for an official AniDB Client go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

MaJutsu

Animes arent regigniced by AoM [NOBUG]

Post by MaJutsu »

Man am i blind, i got the false Form ^^"
here again:
Maybe it is already mentioned, but i have some bugs in this version:
Many Anime of mine are marked as unknown in AoM and so they aren't in mylist, but I have found out that they are in the DB, but the ed2k is different, although the size is excactly the same, and they are functioning.
Also some crc32 codes are different to the one in the name.
and last but not least: The program runs very unstable at my computer (i have the newsest Java2 from Sun, because a friend of mien told me that AoM bases on Java)
ps: an Mod should delete this one: http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1613
pps: i have v0.4.6.194 (I should sleep more ^^")
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

I don't really understand what you want but...
Many Anime of mine are marked as unknown in AoM and so they aren't in mylist, but I have found out that they are in the DB, but the ed2k is different, although the size is excactly the same, and they are functioning.
Also some crc32 codes are different to the one in the name.
This means the file you have is corrupt, if you have this on a lot of files this might be your hdd failing (and be related to the issue below).
and last but not least: The program runs very unstable at my computer (i have the newsest Java2 from Sun, because a friend of mien told me that AoM bases on Java)
AOM doesn't use java, it's a delphi application (aka native win32 code). "runs very unstable" isn't an error description, can't help you or even guess at what might be wrong.
MaJutsu

Post by MaJutsu »

hmm
@Anime
Maybe my what i understand under corrupt is false, but alle Eps i have are funtioning without any errors or something.
ANd this happans also woth Anime I have already storaged on CD
@unstable
AoM needs some times alle reccources, when thsat happens it don't react anymore so i have to close and restart it.

I Hope that helps you more. ^^"
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Maybe my what i understand under corrupt is false, but alle Eps i have are funtioning without any errors or something.
ANd this happans also woth Anime I have already storaged on CD
Just because the file plays fine that doesn't mean it's exactly the same as the original file. If the ed2k is different then something within the file is different.
AoM needs some times alle reccources, when thsat happens it don't react anymore so i have to close and restart it.
Super botchered english but I assume what you mean is you have a 128mb ram computer running windowsXP. AOM is quite resource intensive. If you have less than 256mb ram it's time to upgrade.
MaJutsu

Post by MaJutsu »

@anime
hmm that can be, i thougt it was the same because the sime is exactly the same.
@Unstable
1: Sry i am not the best at english ^^"
2: I have Xp, yes, bur i have also 512 MB Sdram, so thstas not the problem.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Well, without a proper error description and/or error messages I can do nothing to help with stability.
MaJutsu

Post by MaJutsu »

There is no error mesage, an all i can say is that the Program don't react after a time and uses all System reccources (amd 1ghz 512 mb ram)
The time differs between 30 seconds ans some houres