Auto hash new files and duplicate entry [TEMPFIXED]

Bug reports for an official AniDB Client go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

NoNo

Auto hash new files and duplicate entry [TEMPFIXED]

Post by NoNo »

Hi! (aom 0.4.6.194)
I have a little problem since I'm now using the "Auto hash new files" in the file manager: I have random exact duplicates files in the known files; same name , same path ,same hashes.
I tried to simplify the paths I used so I ended up with only one path now in lowercase as I though case had an impact :
"\\domain\share\foldera\folderb" with "auto hash", "auto remove", "include sub", "add new to mylist" "state hdd"
But I still have those duplicates.
I do have some hardlinks for files in a folder & It appears logically in that folder & the "original/source" folder as duplicates, but I do have sometimes duplicates of those hardlinks/files in the hardlinks folders.
I tried to delete some known duplicate files or a known folder with those duplicates, and sometimes it works & sometimes not :(
Fyi aom locked up a few times and I restarted it without a "good" copies of local_ files...
I know those aren't very accurate facts but I just don't know to deal with it.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Yeah, I've seen it and have no idea why it happens, so current status is tracing I guess. :oops:
NoNo

Post by NoNo »

Ooohhh at least it tells u something :)
I was afraid I was the only one to get that behaviour, so hey good luck in tracing ! :wink:
egg

Post by egg »

PetriW wrote:Yeah, I've seen it and have no idea why it happens, so current status is tracing I guess. :oops:
I had a number of duplicates, but I have been working around this problem. What I found is when AOM scans the directories while AOM was updating from AniDB, it appears to forget about some known files, and thinks they need to be hashed again (if you look in the known files you can see them missing before they are rehashed). When you load AOM the following time, it sees both records of the file that had been hashed and shows itself as a duplicate. I even had some files that showed 3 duplicates...

What I have been doing is waiting until AOM finishes syncing with AniDB, and then tell it to scan the directory manually (I turned off the auto hash). I also went through and manually remove the duplicates by using the remove file button in the known files tab. Since that time (over a week now) this has been working fine.

Maybe this has to do with the ani/ep files getting corrupted, because I had that problem too and it appeard to be more prevalent when I was having this problem. It took me 3 or 4 restarts just to get in to change the setting for the auto hash. Since I changed my procedure, I only had a problem going to the settings menu once. (I just removed all the files except local*, I will see if it comes back.)
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Duplicates are now nuked when they try to add themselves, should at least help somewhat in tracing what's causing it. :roll: