[AOM 0.4.4.192] Verifying known files... [FIXED]

Bug reports for an official AniDB Client go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

gholovo

[AOM 0.4.4.192] Verifying known files... [FIXED]

Post by gholovo »

When verifying known files, AOM stops a certain percentage every time (which varies if I add or remove files). When this happens, AOM will no longer connect to AniDB (it doesn't appear even to try) and if I attempt to open settings, I get an error: "Thread Error: The handle is invalid (6)."

I cannot tell which file is causing this (if it is one file that causes it, as I assume), as I have roughly 100 gigs of anime on my drive and it's a bit difficult to determine which particular file is being checked.

I'm using Windows 2000 Pro SP4, if that matters.

The only way I've found to get around this problem is to close AOM and open it again, and finish everything before it gets to that point. Actually, it may have been possible to turn off verifying known files, but I can't check right now because of that bug. I'll turn it off later, and hope that this is fixed soon.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

This might be fixed in 4.5, might release that this weekend.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Does this still happen?
gholovo

Post by gholovo »

Sorry for the delay; I've been remodeling.

It does still happen, although, since it's now adding question marks and such to the filenames, I was able to discover which file it's stopping on:

[url]ed2k://|file|Ocha-ken - 12 - Have you had a gathering lately [Mognet](94C898FC)[AniDB].avi|25837568|c4bfccecbb87d7d56114a3c103c76c00|/[/url]

I hope that knowing which file it is will help.