[AOM] User Change Does Not Update Mylist

Bug reports for an official AniDB Client go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

egg

[AOM] User Change Does Not Update Mylist

Post by egg »

When you change the user for AOM, even if you restart a few times, the mylist information does not change. The mylist information becomes a superset (shows combined mylist) of all of the users.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

From the readme:
/database filename
This will use the specified file as your current database, this is good
if you have multiple users accounts using the same computer for example.
Currently there is no support for multiple mylists rather than databases, I might add it though, not sure about how it'd be done best though.
egg

Post by egg »

Sorry, I haven't read the readme for a while...

But, this isn't really what I want to do anyway... If I keep separate database files, I'd have to hash everything twice, right? I figured that if I changed users, it would keep the same file information, but it would resync they mylist info and it would show the current information from AniDB for that user. What is the difference between this situation and when somebody removes something in mylist from the CGI or Chii?

Also now, I have a mismatched database, is there a way to sync it up automatically? I'm not sure which files were added, so it would take a little while to fix things manually.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Current AOM won't resync mylist unless there's an API upgrade. Run by #anidb-o-matic and poke me and I'll fix the db file for you.

Current AOM sees no difference between different users btw, it assumes they're all the same.