[NOBUG] Renaming problems

Bug reports for an official AniDB Client go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Ragowit

[NOBUG] Renaming problems

Post by Ragowit »

It seems like AOM doesn't handle %eno, it becames %e, with an addition with no on the end: [episode title]no, instead of [episode number] (without the []...)
Iceman[grrrr]

Post by Iceman[grrrr] »

try %ep instead of %eno...
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

If %eno isn't working it's a bug though, %eno is %ep but without version.
egg

Post by egg »

PetriW wrote:If %eno isn't working it's a bug though, %eno is %ep but without version.
It isn't working in 0.3.3.163v2...

There are other things that I have noticed in the renaming section...

I put in the group name [%g]. But for a file that does not have a group listed it ends up with [] in the filename.

"Treat as Movie if only 1 episode" does not save the setting.

Disallowed filename characters all appear to get changed to space. Is there a way to change this?

What is the editable tags section supposed to do? Can you define your own tags, if so, are the dynamic or file dependant?

Periods in the filename (in particular at the beginning for .hack//SIGN) are problems for some programs (including AOM). Is there a way to strip these out or define character substitution. BTW, with AOM, I told it to forget the Hack Sign directory and then told it to rehash and it did not put the files in, presumably because the extension was wrong.

I think that is it for the moment. Just in case you didn't have anything to do... :wink:
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

I put in the group name [%g]. But for a file that does not have a group listed it ends up with [] in the filename.
What is the editable tags section supposed to do? Can you define your own tags, if so, are the dynamic or file dependant?
This is what the editable tags are for, sorry there's no explanation in the readme of it yet but I'll write one here now:

Suppose you want to have [%lg] in all your files where there is a group but not when there is none, normally you get a "[]" in your filename if there is no group. This is where the editable tags come in, here's a sample. Fill in the fields as below:
1) Tag: %LG
2) Pattern: [%lg]
3) Click add.
4) Change your [%lg] in your renaming pattern to %LG.
My pattern looks like this "%a - %ep - %e %LG%CRC" where %LG = [%lg] and %CRC = {%crc32}

You can also add multiple tags to a pattnern, for example:
%CST = [%lg (%g)]
If EITHER of the two is empty the whole subpattern will be skipped.
Please notice that nesting subpatterns is unsupported, you can't for example use %LG = [%lg]%CRC
Periods in the filename (in particular at the beginning for .hack//SIGN) are problems for some programs (including AOM). Is there a way to strip these out or define character substitution. BTW, with AOM, I told it to forget the Hack Sign directory and then told it to rehash and it did not put the files in, presumably because the extension was wrong.
Hmm AOM shouldn't care about file extensions... I'll have a look at it I guess...
"Treat as Movie if only 1 episode" does not save the setting.
Movies are not properly supported yet, I recommend you use the same pattern for movies and normal files for now.
Disallowed filename characters all appear to get changed to space. Is there a way to change this?
On the todo list. ;)
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Actually it's the readme that's wrong, the proper tag is %epno.