Page 1 of 1
Advance Users!!! What is that?
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:09 am
Soz for Askin guys, but I saw that only Advance users can add images and URL ...
So can u please tell me what advance users can do and how can someone become Adv User????
Arigato and soz for the trouble ^_^
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:05 pm
it's a special class of users aka mini-minimods.
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:40 pm
To advance your level you need to gain the trust of the mods, in order to do that you need to participate and help the database/community. There are a number of different places to do this:
- Main site - Adding valid entries, creqing things with proper support, not trying to do something the mods have already disapproved, adding reviews, have a good voting spread...
- Forum - Help out new users, obey the rules, have proper discussions (it is OK to disagree with the mods, but it depends on how you state it)
- Wiki - There is a large segment of work here, there is plenty of content generation and fixing/updating that can be done. For instance the page about userlevels is what someone had proposed and is not quite what was implemented.
- Tracker - Reviewing and adding comments. There might even be entries where something has been done and now the request is either implemented or obsolete.
- Coding - Create a UDP client or a signature script.
- Irc - This is really where you should go if you want to get to know the mods and interact with them in all their glory.
Basically if you are helpful you will get recognized. If you do other things for the anime community as a whole (fansubbing, running a good site, ...) then that may also influence the mods. In the end though it is up to the mods.
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:25 pm
everybody can now upload avatar sized images.
they'll probably be used extensively on anidb in the future.
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:45 pm
Thank you guys very much ^^