MYLISTADD broken?

Want to help out? Need help accessing the AniDB API? This is the place to ask questions.

Moderator: AniDB

MostAwesomeDude

MYLISTADD broken?

Post by MostAwesomeDude »

From the wiki:
NOTE: Currently this command does not update the internal caches of AniDB. Using this command will lead to wrong stats values/counts being displayed in your Mylist & co @ AniDB according to the Routine Maintenance.
NOTE: Currently this command will replace all mylist fields this commands supports, even if they were not specified by the client. I.e. an update with "MYLISTADD lid={int4 lid}&edit=1&viewed=1" will reset the state,source,storage and other fields to their default values.
NOTE: Currently this command will reset the date of the file watched despite the state of the entry was already maked as "viewed".
Does this make MYLISTADD unsafe to use? This would be the final command to implement before I make a release, so knowing if it works (as expected/documented) would be a big help.

* Does the routine maintenance script make mylist values sane after a set period of time, all the time, or is it hit-and-miss?
* Are values reported correctly through the UDP API regardless of their state on the web interface?
* Is note #3's behavior considered a "feature" or "bug?"
* Is note #2's behavior correct and up-to-date, and if so, is there a bug report against it? (This one, in particular, could be a showstopper.)
* What are the "default values" for the mylist fields? They are not listed anywhere in the wiki...

Sorry for taking your time, but I would rather not code blindly, especially when I just finished working out renaming templates.

~ C.
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

all of that was fixed long time ago, just forgot to remove them from the wiki. i'll update the wiki
MostAwesomeDude

Sweeet. Going to go create a lid parser now, will let you know if it breaks in some (unexpected) way.
MostAwesomeDude

Well, except for {int4 number of entries added}, which is actually {int4 lid}, it's all pretty straightforward. Caching works for all ids now, and I don't even have to make lid requests due to the ability to assemble the responses from cache on-the-fly. Thanks much for the help; I'll be cleaning up code and posting a release candidate as soon as I think the code's solvent enough.

~ C.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Btw.

we want to encourage client authors to checkin their source into the AniDB SVN repository from now on.
So if you'd be willing to do that, please drop me a line and I'll send you the needed account data.

BYe!
EXP

PS: and if you find an obvious mistake in the API DOCs or anywhere else on the wiki, please fix it!
MostAwesomeDude

exp wrote:Btw.

we want to encourage client authors to checkin their source into the AniDB SVN repository from now on.
So if you'd be willing to do that, please drop me a line and I'll send you the needed account data.

BYe!
EXP

PS: and if you find an obvious mistake in the API DOCs or anywhere else on the wiki, please fix it!
*dances the "I got SVN access" dance*

MostAwesomeDude@gmail.com is fine, thank you.

~ C.