New animepage, beta1

Want to help out? Need help accessing the AniDB API? This is the place to ask questions.

Moderator: AniDB

goldenb

Post by goldenb »

liked a lot that you can have multiple episode tabs opened and the group list expanded at the same time you keep ep tabs opened

I don't know if it's a consistent argument but i liked the page "appearence" better than usual. i don't know if corrupted files already appeared in red background but i think it's great feature. Suggestion: Use that coloured background system(and/or bold font or something) for more stuff for example the eps you already have in mylist/wishlist/backlist

also agree on the more storage info specially if the state is on dvd/cd

individual file tabs are cool but if applied shouldn't all the files from the same
group be there?(in episode1->) i don't know, when i saw all the files from [KAA] in one tab I thought:cool, but at the same time you have 2 files from [AI&HQA] without a tab, in my opinion it's a little bit confusing

the filesize in MB option in preferences, i like the sound of that

good job! :)
AnimeOtaku

Post by AnimeOtaku »

MB?

Why not in MiB?
goldenb

Post by goldenb »

Well it was already said that it would be set in user preferences but anyway i'd prefer MB because disk space in windows is always shown in MB/GB i just think it makes reading it a bit easier, but i don't get your question because MiB (a million of Bytes->1*10^6 Bytes) is the same as a MB (MegaByte)
AnimeOtaku

Post by AnimeOtaku »

1 MiB is the binary represantation of MB, so base 2.
1 MiB = 1024 kiB = 2^20
1 kib = 1024 Byte = 2^10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_prefix

1 MB is normally used for the same, but shouldn't after that.

That's the reason why a 250GB hdd is not really 250 "GB". Because for the companies is 1 GB = 10^9 bytes
SinsI

Post by SinsI »

"Added by" and "Edited by" - no need to show this to ordinary users.

If "no relations" maybe it's better to leave it blank.
"type" - no need for info of a date added. Definitely needs to display different icons for .mkv, .avi and other types, although a simple text (i.e. "mkv") might look better.
The "video" icon is pretty useless - it mostly dublicates info already visible. Better without it. Maybe "not video" icon instead?

As for the file filters - the main feature I really want from them is some simple and fast way to add to own all the files released by one particular group for this anime, perhaps also only of this particular codec type(i.e. h264/Xvid release), with the need to click anything more only if there is more than one choice for an episode(i.e. v2).
goldenb

Post by goldenb »

AnimeOtaku wrote:1 MiB is the binary represantation of MB, so base 2.
1 MiB = 1024 kiB = 2^20
1 kib = 1024 Byte = 2^10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_prefix

1 MB is normally used for the same, but shouldn't after that.

That's the reason why a 250GB hdd is not really 250 "GB". Because for the companies is 1 GB = 10^9 bytes
well yeah you're right but my preference still applies bcause Windows mesures your files in MB, but hey it's just an opinion
kzq

Post by kzq »

sry for not reading all posts , but

you could do somthing in profile to show only english sub's and audio and ofc other languages to , but it's little annoying to search trrough all files :) ,
ofc its just an idea so dont get confused 'bout it ;p
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

kzq wrote:sry for not reading all posts , but

you could do somthing in profile to show only english sub's and audio and ofc other languages to , but it's little annoying to search trrough all files :) ,
ofc its just an idea so dont get confused 'bout it ;p
actually reading the posts or clicking the links would have helped...
AdemoS

Post by AdemoS »

Holy crap! I wrote a request for language flags in the Group List area and EXP directed me here.....

DAMN! Though JavaScript-dependent those are some (for lack of a better word) SEXY features!

Though featuring a bit "overcrowded" Group List, the "loading" concept, and the much-needed additions to the information provided is just AMAZING work.

Great to see this being done guys. I guess you have your reasons, but I'd put this impressive thread on the front page if I were you. :P

EDIT: I suppose if you did, it'd probably crash the test server though. :P

EDIT2: I just realized, the last time I got THIS excited about a GUI, Gmail had just been released to the public. xD So that's saying something. (though what it's saying may or may not make me look crazier :P)
suppy

Post by suppy »

unfortunately, since fahrenheit seems to be somewhat AWOL, this is stalled indefinitely =(
AdemoS

Post by AdemoS »

Nooo! It was so cool though! :cry:

Give him another couple months, then maybe ask for a replacement coder in the news, but don't give up on these GREAT new features and MUCH NEEDED improvements.
MaccaSvenne

Post by MaccaSvenne »

I've noticed that, despite fahrenheit's absence, audio and subtitle languages have been added to the group table...which is awesome...makes it much easier to find what you're searching for when browsing the page.

Thanks and keep up the good work!