C++ UDP API wrapper class

Want to help out? Need help accessing the AniDB API? This is the place to ask questions.

Moderator: AniDB

oo22

C++ UDP API wrapper class

Post by oo22 »

Hey all,

I'm currently working on a C++ client here and in the makings of this client I've had to make a wrapper class for the udp api..

Its still under development but If anyone wanted the code I could make it available to the public when its more stable and functioning..

this class takes care of any network connections too.. so usage would look like so..

Code: Select all

CUDPApi anidb;

if(anidb.apicmd_ping())
    if(anidb.apicmd_auth("oo22", "pa$$w0rd"))
        //etc...
If there are any interested C++ programmers out there leave a msg here.

NOTE: I have an underlying class called UDPConnect and it is written for winsock2! It would be easy to modify and implement any other connection if needed or wanted.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

If nothing else, just stick the code in your user space on the wiki, having udp-starter bits available in various different languages is a good thing. (You're not really suggesting that people should compile their usernames and passwords into their code, are you? Bad boy.)

Rar
oo22

Post by oo22 »

Rar wrote:If nothing else, just stick the code in your user space on the wiki, having udp-starter bits available in various different languages is a good thing. (You're not really suggesting that people should compile their usernames and passwords into their code, are you? Bad boy.)

Rar
Lol, sounds good. I'll put the code up in the wiki and leave a post here too. That snipet was just a little demo :P , variables are highly suggested here, not hard coding like shown!.