AniDB CSS - Feedback Thread

Want to help out? Need help accessing the AniDB API? This is the place to ask questions.

Moderator: AniDB

erki

Post by erki »

As an update to my previous post, I've discovered the sub:brown sub:silver and sub:blue css styles that are on the pull-down list under profile, but not on the wiki page.

All three of these have the search bar connected to the main page scrolling wise (which I need), and they seem a bit more polished than the brown2.css I was using.

For people who don't know there is a pull down list for css styles on their profile page it might be a good idea to post the three sub:xxx styles on the wiki page.

Thanks again,
Erk
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

not neccessary. the next anidb update will introduce somethign different
molitar

Post by molitar »

The haruhi Styles are missing the title text on the top bar. It's just a plain blue bar now.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

i have no idea what you are tlaking about
molitar

Post by molitar »

Ok I had chosen the Haruhistyle css and you will note that it's suppose to say at the top of the banner Anime DB and have a picture of Suzumiya Haruhi but now all I have is a blank blue banner with no text.

But I just tested again and seems someone must of have fixed the problem the top banner is back again with the text and picture. Seems while the server change is happening the CSS styles were having some issues. Tho on the main page (News) section their is still a major issue and the news doesn't start until you scroll down off the screen.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

that's because of markup changes on soem sections of anidb and b1nh didn#t adjust to those yet :P
Yusuke

Post by Yusuke »

Haruhistyle isn't the same as the Harustyle done by b1nh. Haruhistyle is made by TheJAG, it's based on b1nh's style, but not exactly the same.
molitar

Post by molitar »

Interesting didn't realize the many different versions were done by others based on B1nh work. Ok well now realizing that it is B1nh's work that isn't fixed yet that I am using. Hopefully fixed soon because it would really be nice to see the layout and the top banner correctly again. The top banner is flakey sometimes it will show the graphic and text saying Anime DB but other times it's just a blank blue bar like it is for me today again.
bouns

Post by bouns »

Zak: that's an awesome style you coughed up there 8O

personal objection: the general tone of the blue colours used could be a bit more comforting,
it's kinda 'basic-hyperlink-blue' which i've grown tired of; maybe a shift slighty towards yellowish
or greenish like the blue-tones of this board here would be nicer
b1nh

Post by b1nh »

Hm, I wasn't aware of the banner problem yet, since it's works perfectly for me for some reason, but I'll look into it.
I still have to fix / recode the main page-css so that the news are displayed in a proper manner.
Amour

Post by Amour »

Binh, you can look at the code source for anidb_hacks: there is a similar problem for IE6 users, so I implemented something regarding it (you can remove the dashes to make it compatible with any browser, not just IE6).
b1nh

Post by b1nh »

sooo, i finished recoding HaruStyle for the new AniDB markup. I'm going to fix the small things asap ^^
molitar

Post by molitar »

b1nh, Great glad to hear it. BTW here is what I mean by the header being plain blue only.

b1nh

Post by b1nh »

@molitar:
Did you try turning off your adblocker? Maybe it's because of the header's name (banner.png).

I just noticed something: Why aren't Hstyle and Hstyle LE displayed in the same way, although they share the same code (Hstyle LE just imports the original CSS). The div size of the whole header is a little bit smaller in LE than usual (visible on the background being cut off at the bottom).
Any suggestions on this problem?

Thanks in advance
molitar

Post by molitar »

b1nh wrote:@molitar:
Did you try turning off your adblocker? Maybe it's because of the header's name (banner.png).

I just noticed something: Why aren't Hstyle and Hstyle LE displayed in the same way, although they share the same code (Hstyle LE just imports the original CSS). The div size of the whole header is a little bit smaller in LE than usual (visible on the background being cut off at the bottom).
Any suggestions on this problem?

Thanks in advance
Hmm.. interesting well lite does the same thing for me. It seems it's Kaspersky ad blocker you must be using a keyword that it does not like for the name. Banner shows properly for Jags adult version.