MyList Export Templates

Want to help out? Need help accessing the AniDB API? This is the place to ask questions.

Moderator: AniDB

exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

DonGato wrote:exp, I hope you don't mind these updates and let me know if you think something should be improved/changed.
right now I don't see a problem with it. However I won't have the time to take a closer look at your changes for the next 5-6 weeks.

BYe!
EXP
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Ok, I will arrange with Der Idiot the creation of a wiki SDK branch and strat adding the documentation. Then we will be able to update it and improve it.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

It's a wiki, just create it, no arranging needed.

Rar
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

But under which branch you want it?
I can put it anywhere?
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Yeah, it's not like stuff is well organised atm, and it's very easy to move things around.

Rar
bsdude

datadump.txt

Post by bsdude »

Is there a way to get mylist data exported as in the datadump.txt file in the SDK?
If I made a template that output data similar to datadump.txt would it be accepted?
Some of the available data from mylist are not on xml-plain (e.g. kanji title), but I need them for local purposes.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Re: datadump.txt

Post by fahrenheit »

bsdude wrote:Is there a way to get mylist data exported as in the datadump.txt file in the SDK?
If I made a template that output data similar to datadump.txt would it be accepted?
Some of the available data from mylist are not on xml-plain (e.g. kanji title), but I need them for local purposes.
Hmm, all the data in the datadump.txt is available to exports, it's a matter of the template using the data or no, read "templatehowto.txt" to see what you want and edit or create some new template (you have a few templates on the export/themes folder).

if you need help ask arround in the forum or in #anidb or #anidb-dev
bsdude

New export template

Post by bsdude »

I made a new XML export template which I hope can be included in anidb. I have tested it with the SDK and it works. Also the XML parses correctly using an XML well-formedness checker. Please let me know of any comments you might have, or things which I should fix. If it's up to snuff please include it.

Here is the link:
http://www.bsdude.com/~bsdude/xml-plain-new-2.1.tar.bz2

[note: added to the SVN -fahrenheit]
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

Kay, made wiki pages for mylist exports:

Main documentation: http://wiki.anidb.info/w/Mylist_export_ ... guidelines
Changelog: http://wiki.anidb.info/w/Mylist_export_SDK_changelog

feel free to edit stuff.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

New version of the SDK released, 0.11b, check the above Wiki pages for changelog and documentation.