Anime Hints Mk. II

Want to help out? Need help accessing the AniDB API? This is the place to ask questions.

Moderator: AniDB

Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Is this actually implementable nstgc? Appears gibberish to the lay, and unless your proposal is actually doable with the limited resources of the anidb server, 's not practical.

egg: I hope you mean support for votes to a presison of 0.01, as that's what anidb actually supports now.

Rar
egg

Post by egg »

Rar wrote:egg: I hope you mean support for votes to a presison of 0.01, as that's what anidb actually supports now.
Well, the lookup tables only have values of 0.5 (I don't want to create 1000 entries), if exp allows more votes it will choose the next 0.5 value for the lookup. Everything else will support 0.01 votes. The only things that didn't were the fields to enter votes for the filters and the lookup tables. Internally the code doesn't care.
nstgc

Post by nstgc »

Rar wrote:Is this actually implementable nstgc? Appears gibberish to the lay, and unless your proposal is actually doable with the limited resources of the anidb server, 's not practical.
it should require fewer resources then egg's proposal, however i am not a programmer and am basing it on the number of summations required. furthermore, summations, i am told, do not take long to calculate. as for the document being giberish, egg said the same thing. i am not skilled at righting in a manner that people understand.

i actualy have an excel sheet rigged up. all i have to do is put in the numbers and it will estimate what you would vote if you watch the anime. it will do this for more then one, unlike the examples i gave in the pdf.

one of my proffesors keeps telling me, and i already knew this, that while my ideas are good and creative, my ability to express them is lacking. still, with a decent knowlage base, a healthy amount of creativity, and alot of time, i'm sure someone can understand it.