Idea for a client - need advice

Want to help out? Need help accessing the AniDB API? This is the place to ask questions.

Moderator: AniDB

foolycooly

Idea for a client - need advice

Post by foolycooly »

Hi,

I currently use a system called Meedio for cataloging all my media, and as the front end for my HTPC.

There is currently a plug in for TVTome which drags the Series / episode info from their database into the meedio system - all well and good for common TV shows, but their anime selection is very limited.

I am thinking of writing a plugin for the system to use the AniDB information for anime collections.

my questions is this - does the UDP client have the ability for me to drag the AniDB information I am looking for across (series name, episodes, last aired, synopsis, actors, etc)?

thanks, and sorry if this is a noob question....

foolycooly
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Most of the info is available by the UDP API, you should read the documentation (is there such thing? :P).
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Re: Idea for a client - need advice

Post by wahaha »

foolycooly wrote:my questions is this - does the UDP client have the ability for me to drag the AniDB information I am looking for across (series name, episodes, last aired, synopsis, actors, etc)?
The UDP API offers only very limited access to AniDB's data; it mostly exists to catch notifications and add local files to one's list.

You could try extracting that information from a mylist-export - but that's of course no complete solution.