UDP API Feature Requests

Want to help out? Need help accessing the AniDB API? This is the place to ask questions.

Moderator: AniDB

phip

UDP API Feature Requests

Post by phip »

After studying the UDP API for a while, I have two suggestions:

- would it be possible for MYLIST to return "320 NO SUCH FILE" in cases when that fid or hash doesn't exist anywhere, not just in the mylist? (currently it only seems to return "321 NO SUCH ENTRY")

- Could support be added for multiple lines per packet for FILE, MYLIST, ADD, and DEL? Certainly this would be a big change to the API, but it might be worth it. I add most of my files to AniDB by running them through a hashing program then giving the result to ed2kDump -- the aim of my client is to simplify this. But I run into trouble when every file needs its own message, and I'm expected to average less than two messages a minute.

PS - why does FILE use "320 NO SUCH FILE" and MYLIST ADD use "410 NO SUCH FILE"? Why not the same?
phip

Post by phip »

Oh! One other thing. The (up to) 24 hour site cache update delay makes me sad. Is there any hope of it disappearing, or is that just technically unfeasible? It makes a pretty strong argument for using the site over a client if it takes a DAY!
phip

Re: UDP API Feature Requests

Post by phip »

phip wrote:would it be possible for MYLIST to return "320 NO SUCH FILE" in cases when that fid or hash doesn't exist anywhere, not just in the mylist? (currently it only seems to return "321 NO SUCH ENTRY")
The reason I ask is, if MYLIST returned 320 my code could skip the FILE command completely - simplifying my code and reducing the traffic on the server.

Perhaps MYLIST could reply: (my addition in bold)

221 MYLIST
{int4 lid}|{int4 fid}|{int4 eid}|{int4 aid}|{int4 gid}|{int4 date}|{int2 state}|{int4 viewdate}|{str storage}|{str source}|{str other}

OR
321 NO SUCH ENTRY
{int4 fid}|{int4 aid}|{int4 eid}|{int4 gid}|{int4 state}|{int4 size}|{str ed2k}|{str anidbfilename}

OR
320 NO SUCH FILE
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

I will look into that.
However, I am quite busy atm, so please don't expect to see any changed for the next couple of weeks.

BYe!
EXP
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

btw.
please add a tracker item for this request!
-> http://www.anidb.net/tracker/

BYe!
EXP