A feature/bugtracker for Anidb? - Anyone interested?

Want to help out? Need help accessing the AniDB API? This is the place to ask questions.

Moderator: AniDB

wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

First version of voting is in (no restrictions, equally for all registered users) - as I expected, it was pretty easy to add ^^

I'll make the public issue-list sortable by rating tomorrow (hopefully) and probably add a filter for "rating > x".
Last edited by wahaha on Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

We used it a lot when eMule Plus had a lot more active devs and beta testers. Now is kind of "death" or in "slow motion" to be more precise. Anyway, I think that with some modifications it can handle the needs of AniDB.

Let's see what Wahaha see/can do...
egg

Post by egg »

wahaha wrote:First version of voting is in (no restrictions, equally for all registered users) - as I expected, it was pretty easy to add ^^

I'll make the public issue-list sortable by rating tomorrow (hopefully) and probably add a filter for "rating > x".
The voting appears to work fine. The only thing is the label 'neutral' I don't think is the best thing. My interpretation of neutral is no vote, currently neutral is a vote of 0... I would make 0 'Unimportant', and if you want a -1 it should be something like 'Do Not Fix'.

BTW, the RSS says permission denied, is that just because of user permissions or is it not working?
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

egg wrote:The voting appears to work fine. The only thing is the label 'neutral' I don't think is the best thing. My interpretation of neutral is no vote, currently neutral is a vote of 0... I would make 0 'Unimportant', and if you want a -1 it should be something like 'Do Not Fix'.
Sounds good :)
egg wrote:BTW, the RSS says permission denied, is that just because of user permissions or is it not working?
Looks like a problem with a global setting (inside Mantis) to me.

EDIT: Since it runs locally, I uploaded the changes for sorting and filters, hoping that they still work once MySQL is back ^^ (EDIT2: it works). There's still some flexibility missing and the sorting doesn't yet apply to export and possibly other places.
egg

Post by egg »

wahaha wrote:EDIT: Since it runs locally, I uploaded the changes for sorting and filters, hoping that they still work once MySQL is back ^^ (EDIT2: it works). There's still some flexibility missing and the sorting doesn't yet apply to export and possibly other places.
Looks good.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

egg wrote:Looks good.
indeed :o)

so maybe it's time to think about other nice features we should try to add?

BYe!
EXP
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Generic Files?

*snicker*

That was evil :)
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Now, "shadow files" would've been evil - "generic files" clearly are resolved->not an issue :P

I added a bit more customization for the ratings - display of ratings and the actual right to vote can now be configured per-project based on the users' access-level. (No real practical use to not make this a global setting... but well - now it's in...)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

so what are we still missing?

BYe!
EXP
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

A proper hosting and setup? :P
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

DonGato wrote:A proper hosting and setup? :P
well, I could put it up @ anidb.net
could you zip it and send me an url?

however, I do assume that we'll need to make more changes to the code at some point.

BYe!
EXP
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

I have to go now but I will do it later.
What you need?
The files... and the database (files or an export, as If I know how to do it in mySQL :lol:)?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

A first version is now up:

http://www.anidb.net/tracker/

Please test it and report problems!

BYe!
EXP
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Registered and added one bug (don't hate me! :P) without any problem. Looks nice. :)

Should I remove my test site then?
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

wahaha wrote:Now, "shadow files" would've been evil - "generic files" clearly are resolved->not an issue :P

I added a bit more customization for the ratings - display of ratings and the actual right to vote can now be configured per-project based on the users' access-level. (No real practical use to not make this a global setting... but well - now it's in...)
Yeah? Really?

Show me how I get Inu Yasha complete then RIGHT NOW.

No generic file for IY 167. There. Now don't point me in the PetriW direction, it's not done, it's not solved, it's open and it pisses me off every time I have to find out with five clicks that I can't mark an Anime complete although it already is. -_-

But whatever. Simply don't tell me it's done when it isn't and I won't get angry.