aniDBstyle/cleancut template thread [Bugs|Features|Support]

Want to help out? Need help accessing the AniDB API? This is the place to ask questions.

Moderator: AniDB

What new features would you like to see in the templates?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:00 pm

Support for optional anime images (user added)
50%
Support for basic mylist reports
38%
Other (specify)
13%

Total votes: 8

Antono

Post by Antono »

Could we also add a column with the cumulative size of a series, like many other templates have?
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

Nalim27 wrote:Hello,
I'm missing some functionality in html-cleancut template thus I make some changes into scode.js code. I was make some minor changes too.
My changes:
1. Search in anime tittle can be switched between fultext search and Word search (this is fahrenheit's original search).
2. Search results list use all title preferences - looks more like mylist now
3. In Search results list searched phraze is highlighted in anime title
4. minor change in Mylist layout
5. Minor changes in other files - now strange css styles like "display:" are gone.

I consider that I will add AND/OR switch into search dialog too - to change logic witch multiword title search.

It is possible to put these changes into official aniDBstyle/cleancut templates?
yeah, you are free to add whatever you wish, just send it to me, or post a link here and i'll include it when i update the template and send it over to exp, i have to do some updating in the templates, because i actualy don't know what gets exported anymore.
Also i intend to do some updates in the functions, clean up a bit the code and actualy finish html-japan...

btw here are the last online versions of the templates:

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/fahrenheit/projec ... 3b.tar.bz2
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/fahrenheit/projec ... 3b.tar.bz2
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/fahrenheit/projec ... 02.tar.bz2
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/fahrenheit/projec ... 04.tar.bz2
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

Antono wrote:Could we also add a column with the cumulative size of a series, like many other templates have?
what you are talking is not what i have allready have on the template?

have you tried going to the preferences>Change Layout>Enable the Size Column ?

( http://anidb.info/export/examples/html- ... layout.htm )

If it's not that, can you show me an example of what you have?
Antono

Post by Antono »

Yes, it's on the Operatic template but not on the Anidbstyle template...

Don't get me wrong, your template (Anidbstyle) is the best one in my opinion and that's the one I use. But this is a funtionality that I miss and therefore I sometimes need to use the Operatic temp to facilitate my DVD-burning routine. It would be nice to have a "have all" template. :D
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

Antono wrote:Yes, it's on the Operatic template but not on the Anidbstyle template...

Don't get me wrong, your template (Anidbstyle) is the best one in my opinion and that's the one I use. But this is a funtionality that I miss and therefore I sometimes need to use the Operatic temp to facilitate my DVD-burning routine. It would be nice to have a "have all" template. :D
ahh, yeah, on the anidbstyle/cleancut there's is no such option, i tend to forget to add stuff to the older templates... That's one of the reasons i was developing html-japan, so that i could have a base, and then convert every template to that, but lack of updates on the sdk, led me (and don gato btw) to lose interst.

Anyway i'll look again to my code and the code Nalim27 updated, and i'll try to work out something soon.

thanks for your support :)
J3huty

Post by J3huty »

I created an export using the operatic template, tried to expand an but it showed me an empty list, same goes for anime information. So I decided to take a look at the source and soon I found out that the error was in the "anime/a*.js" files. It created a syntaxerror in Microsoft JScript.

The line looked like the following

Code: Select all

f33587.resID = ;
and the problem was resolved after changing it to

f33587.resID = "";
It would also be working if it was set to "null", but I suppose it is easier to put quotes around something than to check if it is set and if not setting it to null.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

yes i know about it

i'll submit a small patch today to fix that issue...

thanks anyway for your help
Nalim27

Post by Nalim27 »

J3huty wrote:I
The line looked like the following

f33587.resID = ;
and the problem was resolved after changing it to

f33587.resID = "";
It would also be working if it was set to "null", but I suppose it is easier to put quotes around something than to check if it is set and if not setting it to null.
Hello,
I found this error too, but my solution is

f33587.resID = 
:-) Maybe this is not valid solution but it is works. null variant will be better.

P.S: I was send my updates to fahrenheit today.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

well, the patch i sent to PetriW was integrated on the exports a couple of days ago, my exports work again.

as for the the changes sugested by nalim, they were integrated in the new code base i have.

(though not visible at the moment, i've all ready implemented fulltext and word search methods and and/or search logic in title search).

layout wise the diference to html-operatic is very low, but the new code base, allows me to praticaly only change the mylist.html file to implement a completly new layout, that without changing anything in the css :P
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

though this will probably won't matter for many, on the link given above, you can see a very advanced search engine for mylist :P

now seriously, i think i've included some new things in the templates that currently even the site does not offer, like:

* anime tag search (very very inovative :P)
* anime producer/company search (for all types of relations)
* and, the one i'm most proud of, multiple category search, with a nice tree to organize elements (filling in blanks where necessary :P)

i'm currently working in introducing some very simple mylist reports:

var reports_missing_eng = false;
var reports_missing_kanji = false;
var reports_missing_cats = false;
var reports_missing_votes = false;
var reports_missing_ann = false;
var reports_missing_anfo = false;
var reports_missing_allcinema = false;
var reports_missing_votes = false;
var reports_missing_reviews = false;
var reports_missing_genres = false;
var reports_missing_companies = false;
var reports_missing_url = false;

when new updates are made, i'll post them
su8zer0

Post by su8zer0 »

I've just noticed, that in the anidbstye template the images for subtitle language are messed up. Don't know if all of them though. In my list for example english language has the image of german flag, and polish language has an image of israeli (i think) flag. Images for audio lang are ok.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

su8zer0 wrote:I've just noticed, that in the anidbstye template the images for subtitle language are messed up. Don't know if all of them though. In my list for example english language has the image of german flag, and polish language has an image of israeli (i think) flag. Images for audio lang are ok.
that is probably a bug in the export script, related to the changes for the new language system. don't have time to look into it atm, sorry.

BYe!
EXP
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

su8zer0 wrote:I've just noticed, that in the anidbstye template the images for subtitle language are messed up. Don't know if all of them though. In my list for example english language has the image of german flag, and polish language has an image of israeli (i think) flag. Images for audio lang are ok.
su8zer0 could you please give me the file id of a couple of wrongly exported files? (or if you can a link to the axxxx.js that has some mistakes).

thanks
su8zer0

Post by su8zer0 »

OK, here are some examples:

FID: 229209 (a4153.js)
sub lang: english - picture: german flag (sub_4.gif)

FID: 22755 (a469.js)
sub lang: polish - picture: israeli (?) flag (sub_18.gif)

FID: 9530 (a247.js)
sub lang: none - picture: none (sub_0.gif - no such picture)

Most of my animes have english subs, so they looks like the first example.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

i'm guessing that's because exp changed some ids?
but never fear!
i'm preparing a new image pack, it will be done shortly (i will edit this with the link)

hmm, this issue led me to rethink my strategy with images.

later

kay use this image pack instead of the old one: http://pwp.netcabo.pt/fahrenheit/projectos/images.zip