Template Export Designs

Want to help out? Need help accessing the AniDB API? This is the place to ask questions.

Moderator: AniDB

fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Template Export Designs

Post by fahrenheit »

Hello to all,

This isn't the normal feature request, well it's like a design request for a export template, the thing is i'm a bit blank with functional ideias for templates, but adapting the code that's underneath anidbstyle or cleancut is somewhat easy.

So if any of you have any design ideias, function ideias or such please feel free to say it.

If you wish any function integrated in the templates please also feel free to leave comments, if possible i'll included it.

Note: some functions related to the newly introduced features of aniDB can't be inclued till a new SDK is offered, but anyway bring in the ideas :)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

I think most of the users of your template are probably not checking this forum regulary.
If you get no further suggestions we might try adding a link to this thread directly to the templates themselves.

BYe!
EXP
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Yes, I think it would be nice to add a link to a support thread for each major template. :)

Already sent you the suggestions/fixes for the new SDK. ;)
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

I thumbs up the ideia of DonGato of a template thread for each/groups of templates.

I'll get on it for cleancut and anidbstyle
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

To keep a log of what should be changed in the new SDK...

1. Unverified CRCs are shown as failed with current SDK (I think is better to add the following values: data_file_state (FILE_CRCUNV=3) & status_file_state_crcunverified (true/false)
2. Anime Planet link is not working (it was changed and main site has it working properly)
3. Comment for files (add the feature to show comments)
4. New states/Generic files (add features, but I assume it won't be easy)
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

my list of the SDK wishlist:

- data_anime_startairdate (?)
- data_anime_endairdate (?)
- data_anime_ishentai (this is the lazy me, i could get this from a genre filter)

- data_ep_title_english
- data_ep_title_romanji
- data_ep_title_kanji

- data_file_fstype_id (filestate type)
- data_file_fstype_name
- data_file_isgeneric (true/false)

Also I would like, if possible, to state on the templatehowto.txt file or to reference it somewhere, the new and improved id list of:

- Audio Language
- Subtitle Language
- File Source
- Video Codec
- File Extension

I think these are the only ones that got new id's.

On another wishlist for the sdk, a implementation of the wishlist would be nice but not very much top priority, something simple like:

- data_anime_iswishlist (true/false)
- data_anime_wishlist_id (0 - no, 1 - unk/udf, 2 - to watch, 4 - to get, 8 - blacklist)
- data_anime_wishlist_name (like above?)

After reading a topic arround here about filtering animes in which ppl voted, i was thinking if it would be possible to introduce something like this:

data_anime_istmpvoted [for animes i temp. voted (true/false)]
data_anime_isvoted [for animes i voted (true/false)]
data_anime_myvote (the numeric value of the vote)
data_anime_mytmpvote (the numeric value of the tmp vote)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

A new SDK is now available:
http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=429

It includes most of these features.

BYe!
EXP

PS: data_anime_ishentai was already present but with a different name.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

After SDK 0.9 these two things raised:

1. The current implementation of wishlist requires that you have a file to see the wishlisted anime listed. I think this way is not really useful. To be really useful they should be listed even while not having any file (at least in myList export, not anime). If it's not possible I think it would be better to remove the feature as it's confusing.

2. It would be nice to know when a file has a graph of relations so we can link to it. We don't need the link, just a true/false value and we can build it after that.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

DonGato wrote:1. The current implementation of wishlist requires that you have a file to see the wishlisted anime listed. I think this way is not really useful. To be really useful they should be listed even while not having any file (at least in myList export, not anime). If it's not possible I think it would be better to remove the feature as it's confusing.
I have yet to check this, but considering what DonGato said, it should be enough that when a anime is wishlisted the export only outputs its name or just the anime information without files.
DonGato wrote:2. It would be nice to know when a file has a graph of relations so we can link to it. We don't need the link, just a true/false value and we can build it after that.
hmm, didn't get this one:

- i have an anime
- it has a true value as data_anime_hasgraph (example :P)

Is this what you were saying?
That would be nice to say "This anime has relations" but a true false/value don't states the relations it selves and i can't imagine what they are, and as such i can't to anything else other than saying "this anime has relations"
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Don't think we need all the anime info for wishlisted files.

The graph is a link you can make with the ID of the anime and points to an image hosted at AniDB showing the relations.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

hmm, we don't need to use all the information, but i would like to be able to use all the information if needed.

I for once would like to do a diferent list just showing my wishlist for example in conjunction with my trade option, so i would like to have for the wishlist at least, English Title, Romanji Title and Kanji Title, though any synomny or short names would also be of interest.

Hmm, but if it's necessary to have a file, maybe we can circunvent that with a generic file, i would realy like to use the wishlist option on my templates.

as for the graph, kay, in that case, a true/false value would be okay for graphs.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

fahrenheit wrote:hmm, we don't need to use all the information, but i would like to be able to use all the information if needed.

I for once would like to do a diferent list just showing my wishlist for example in conjunction with my trade option, so i would like to have for the wishlist at least, English Title, Romanji Title and Kanji Title, though any synomny or short names would also be of interest.

Hmm, but if it's necessary to have a file, maybe we can circunvent that with a generic file, i would realy like to use the wishlist option on my templates.

as for the graph, kay, in that case, a true/false value would be okay for graphs.
Well, now the only way to circumvent this is you add in your profile at AniDB a generic file for them to be exported. If not they won't. What I requested to exp is to have at least the info generated in the mylist.tmpl so we can use the wishlist flag to not link to any detailed anime info (as it won't be exported, or at lest I think we don't need it). The info you request is there.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

i got asked this:
Jake030 wrote:[...]
4. Would it ever be possible to export your entire wishlist or any other
extra things like group votes or reviews in case you are a backup
nut ? Of course this may not be the right place to ask that but it's no
big deal I guess.
the wishlist thing i guess is being revised, but the next 2 things?
comments?

Also, i was meaning to ask this, but is there any way to do a REAL backup of our user data, that could be then imported back in to the db?
If yes, how could that be possible?
(only need possibilities, the rest maybe we can work out)
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

fahrenheit wrote:i got asked this:
Jake030 wrote:[...]
4. Would it ever be possible to export your entire wishlist or any other
extra things like group votes or reviews in case you are a backup
nut ? Of course this may not be the right place to ask that but it's no
big deal I guess.
the wishlist thing i guess is being revised, but the next 2 things?
comments?
i guess I'll implement this with the next SDK version.
however it doesn't have a high priority.
fahrenheit wrote:Also, i was meaning to ask this, but is there any way to do a REAL backup of our user data, that could be then imported back in to the db?
If yes, how could that be possible?
(only need possibilities, the rest maybe we can work out)
I don't see what use this would have.
IMHO the most important data is already available via mylist exports anyway.

BYe!
EXP