Considering a MacOS X Client

Want to help out? Need help accessing the AniDB API? This is the place to ask questions.

Moderator: AniDB

WoLpH

Post by WoLpH »

Ah ok, well I'll have to use the UDP API then, but I still think UDP isn't fit for a task like this (but it does save a little bandwidth, thats true)

I'll make a post in the 'UDP API Client' thread ;)
phip

Post by phip »

exp wrote:I still think that the UDP API is exactly what you need.
I definitely *want* to use the UDP API. But I am unsure it provides enough functionality to be useful.

The biggest problem I have is with the 24 hour delay before changes are reflected. Exp, is this still the case? I remember your changelog said you switched caching systems. Maybe (hopefully) this is no longer a problem.

Second, I'd really like to display a user's entire mylist, but as I understand the API, can only request individual files that are already known about. Any plans/possibility of this appearing in the future?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

phip wrote:Second, I'd really like to display a user's entire mylist, but as I understand the API, can only request individual files that are already known about. Any plans/possibility of this appearing in the future?
The UDP API doesn't support this atm.
And adding it wouldn't be easy bc UDP just can't handle large transfers.

BYe!
EXP
nich

Post by nich »

After talking to PetriW for a few minutes, well... I think I take back what I said. :P

At least for now. :twisted:

Oh well. I'd probably be ok with a small udp client. Always online, so no need for a local copy yet. :)