mIRC-script to deal with Chii

Want to help out? Need help accessing the AniDB API? This is the place to ask questions.

Moderator: AniDB

wahaha
AniDB Staff

mIRC-script to deal with Chii

Post by wahaha »

Hi all,

I've started making a script that uses some of Chii's functions and I hope that there is both some interest by other mIRC-users as well as a few of you who are willing to test the betas :)
Of course I'd also appreciate help from those capable of mIRC-scripting ;)

The intention is to make dealing with Chii easier, not to replace any upcoming anidb-client - so its functions will remain IRC-related, which means: no offline-browsing of your mylist, no mass-ed2k-link-sending-to-your-ed2k-client like sr.com, etc...

The Advertising-Part - how does it look so far?
(It's no real deal to make standard-GUIs with mIRC after all, but hey, most of it *works* too ^^)

The menu-entries:
Not much, huh?

"Show Stats":
Updating can be run every 30 Minutes max, since Chii anyway doesn't update the data more often...

"Config":
The grey parts on the right still lack functionality... that's on todo ;)
"Downloaded Files" refers to mIRC-Downloads - monitoring ed2k or BT-downloads will be left to the anidb-client.

"Add Multiple files...":
Is that a bug? - no, it's just my paranoia :P (Just like you couldn't imagine what CB and CCS are ^^)
That one's mainly a dialog to select the files you wish to add to your mylist. You can add them as "watched", which is indicated by a "w" in the first column of the table.
The third column indicates the status which can be:
waiting -> hashing -> hashed -> adding ->
and then eiter:
- added
- double (=already in list)
- UNKNOWN
- CORRUPTED? (=Size match only)
- ERROR (= unknown reply by Chii)

That dialog is resizeable and you can drag&drop files on the table.

"Overview":
...And since i didn't yet implement anything to change the relative position of the table of added files in the previous dialog, here's a window dedicated to showing all the files added using this script. It still lacks a load/save-facility, but that's on todo...
(Also resizeable but no drag&drop)

Interested in Beta, err, ok, currently Alpha-testing or helping with the script?
Even for testing, it'd be good if you're a bit familiar with mIRC-Scripting, just in order to be able to verify that there is no kind of trojan-code inside.
I *do* guarantee you that there is no malicious code, but, after all, why should you trust me? :roll:

Just drop me a PM if you'd be willing to test it (and of course send me some debug-data in case of errors) or if you feel like digging through my half-heartedly-commented code ^^

Some Data:
Script-Size so far: 50KB / ~1300 lines (including dialog-tables and stuff)
External files needed:
mdx.dll - for the dialogs
ed2k_hash.exe - did you really think I implemented md4-hashing in mIRC? :P
movieid.exe - for the useless show-off-feature of displaying the codec-info and bitrates
Overall size: around 300KB
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

hm,

this looks really nice.
it will become a greate addition :o)
if you have any ideas what could be done better if you had additional chii commands just tell me, i might even implement some only for you :P

BYe!
EXP
Wlah
AniDB Staff

Post by Wlah »

looks good :D but wouldnt Gspot be better for getting video info?
Ganbatte wahaha! :)
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Wlah wrote:looks good :D but wouldnt Gspot be better for getting video info?
Ganbatte wahaha! :)
It *is* better, since the videorate is a little wrong (around 10 kbps, that's why I put the "~" there ^^) - but I don't know how to fetch the info from gspot :roll:

Hey, nice sig, Wlah :D
Wlah
AniDB Staff

Post by Wlah »

thx :D
hmm cant u ask the creator or sumthin? :?

Post by Guest »

first, nice work :)

second, shouldnt "Updating can be run every 30 Minutes max, since Chii anyway doesn't update the data more often..." be 'min' and not 'max'. i mean, a smaller interval then 30min would mean getting the info more often.
and personally i think even 30min is too much, considering how many people could be using the script at the same time :)
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

Anonymous wrote:first, nice work :)
Anonymous wrote:second, shouldnt "Updating can be run every 30 Minutes max, since Chii anyway doesn't update the data more often..." be 'min' and not 'max'. i mean, a smaller interval then 30min would mean getting the info more often.
I'm not sure if I get you right here, but let me explain how it currently works:
- The script can only get the stats from Chii
- Chii updates the stats every 30 minutes, so it makes no sense to query twice within that time
- When you open the stats-overview-window, Chii will be asked for updated values only if there has not been an update in this half hour. If you don't open the window, there will currently be no automated updating.
Anonymous wrote:and personally i think even 30min is too much, considering how many people could be using the script at the same time :)
Here I *am* sure that I don't get you :lol: - would you mind explaining that?
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well,

so what's the progress on this litte project?
has the new !addfile syntax already been implemented?
did you note, that the reply of an !addfile command can no longer be used to identify a file as possible corrupted?
maybe i'll include a new command like "!ckhash" to allow corruption checking again in the future.

BYe!
EXP
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

I got stuck in changing the resize-code to support dividers (so that one can customize the addfile-window better than just by the changing the size)...
That changed !addfile-output is in... that's not really hard to do, since most values are identified by their color-codes and the surrounding text ^^

I'm not sure if there's the need for an additional !ckhash, but I'll post that to a feature-req (once I can :roll:)

The most helpful addition for now would be the "update in progress"-notice for !mystats and !top every 30 minutes ;)
alaureijs

Post by alaureijs »

If it is of any help: Gspot 2.21 supports exporting (using a template) but I haven't figured out if it also supports command line arguments.

[edit]
Just checked...

Code: Select all

gspot <filename> /x
works. However, it is not possible to work with wildcards/expressions.
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

alaureijs wrote:If it is of any help: Gspot 2.21 supports exporting (using a template) but I haven't figured out if it also supports command line arguments.
Thanks for the help - but showing the bitrates was more of a fun-feature than of real use. I gladly leave all the issues of adding files to the actual anidb-clients ;)

Well, since I already post here, I can aswell give a status-update:
Although the divider-thingy now works, I decided to change the whole handling of messages to Chii, which results in rewriting most of the functions, where - you guessed it already - I got stuck...

Ah, ok - it has probably also something to do with lazyness ^^;

Post by Guest »

Forgive my ignorance, but what is Chii? Obviously, if I do a search, I'll only get "that character from Chobits" as answer. :roll:
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Anonymous wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but what is Chii? Obviously, if I do a search, I'll only get "that character from Chobits" as answer. :roll:
an AniDB IRC bot in #anidb @ irc.chatsociety.net

BYe!
EXP
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

makes me wonder what happened to the project. ^^
wahaha
AniDB Staff

Post by wahaha »

"use aom" :p

I'd call it stalled indefinitely - when removing the (now obsolete) addfile-code, the functionality can be cut down to some few functions that manage the auto-login and /chiirelay <command> ... if there's any interest on such, I could invest some time creating a new version out of it.