Feature requests

Want to help out? Need help accessing the AniDB API? This is the place to ask questions.

Moderator: AniDB

fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Feature requests

Post by fahrenheit »

Hi all ^_^

After doing a template using some of the new info available on the new sdk, i was wondering, 'cause there is still some bits of info that are left out of the scope of the sdk, so i was wondering if these features that i'm thinking are okay and would do anything good for the templates or are just a waste of Exp's time..

kay, the features i was thinking are:

1) include some type of support for the anime relations and/or graps, sequels, prequels, etc.
2) include a new var, "data_file_state_name" to display the file version number instead the 2^version "data_file_state" var, keeping the existing.
3) include a new couple of vars to add support for the anime picture, like data_anime_pic_url, status_data_anime_pic (1 for has pic, 0 for no pic).
4) include support for this Image types of image for awards inside of the loop_anime loop, something like data_anime_award_id, data_anime_award_url, data_anime_award_name, optionaly this could be implemented in a new loop, but i don't know if that would be very clean.
5) add support for the temporary vote system?
6) add a var for the seen icon, just like the state_icon.

Optional) all though this is not on this forum, but what about we add also some info on the Producers, like, url, animes and etc, this is a feature for aniDB.

Oh well, comment on the subject and if you have more features please be my guest and add them ^_^
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

2) include a new var, "data_file_state_name" to display the file version number instead the 2^version "data_file_state" var, keeping the existing.
4) include support for this types of image for awards inside of the loop_anime loop, something like data_anime_award_id, data_anime_award_url, data_anime_award_name, optionaly this could be implemented in a new loop, but i don't know if that would be very clean.
5) add support for the temporary vote system
implemented (more or less)
3) include a new couple of vars to add support for the anime picture, like data_anime_pic_url, status_data_anime_pic (1 for has pic, 0 for no pic).
6) add a var for the seen icon, just like the state_icon.
denied, the main reason for mylist exports is to have something for offline use. including something as big as the anime images by direct image link
to anidb is therefore not a good idea.
it might also conflict with some anti-direct-image-linking settings we're going to implement some day.
6) you should use local images and use a conditional expressing within the template to pick the correct image

1) include some type of support for the anime relations and/or graps, sequels, prequels, etc.
I am still unsure about this one.

BYe!
EXP
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

As this passed without me saying anything, Thanks exp for the inclusions that could be made to the sdk.

I was thinking of some more vars.

in loop_anime

data_anime_myrating
#export user rating for the anime
data_anime_mytmprating
#export user temporary rating for the anime
data_anime_myreview_rating
#export user review rating for the anime
data_anime_annid
#Anime News Network ID

in loop_ep
data_ep_myrating
#export user rating for the episode

All these requests are notting that could be called even low priority, so whatever comes i will be glad ^_^

Regarding the relations, minus the graphs (which i think is the only downside of the relations in export terms) they could perhaps be added to a new loop

loop_relations

with the following vars:

data_anime_rel_prequel_id
#gives the id's of the prequels
data_anime_rel_sequel_id
#gives the id's of the sequels
data_anime_rel_others_id
#don't know if there are more relation cats, but the rest could be put here?

hmm, i can make do with only the id's of the animes but i think a optional name var for each wouldn't hurt, though with the ids and some scripting i could get more nice things (like displaying only the default title or kanji or english).

Thinking about this, relations could give excess work for what they are worth..

Oh well only thoughts on new export vars, comment as you like ^_^