Help identifying a unknown anime

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

samurai_jack

Help identifying a unknown anime

Post by samurai_jack »

Hi To Everybody @ Animeforum.com,

(First post so please be gentle)

I'm trying to identify a film I saw many years ago. I do remember the general plot outline, but google has let me down.

Can you help?

Ok, here are the plot points as I remember them.

I'm guessing made in the 80's or 90's.
Genre action, fighting but not a samurai/sword based film.
It was a ongoing battle between two groups fighting for good and evil. 7 people a side.
One memorable character (good) was a wise old lady who was blind in reality but could see others dreams, and manipulate their decisions. Towards the end of the film she sacrified/killed herself inorder to free our hero from a false reality she had unwittingly placed him under.
When each battle took place a charm was cast (by a good guy) protecting the outside world from the extensive damage that would take place during the fight. Upon a characters death the charm was broken.
Fights were usually equally matched with the net result of each good guy killed took 1 bad guy with him.
The climactic fight was between our hero (male) and his evil twin who would kill people but grant their dying wish. The good guy loses, but, the bad guy becomes good as the hero's dying wish is for (someone/something) to live on in his heart. A sheild is then thrown up around the entire world protecting it from future evil.

I appreciate this is a rather disjointed rambling set of points. You all know how convoluted a anime plot can get! ;)

Thanks for your time,

Peter
kamuzu

Post by kamuzu »

looks like X: the movie, though I watched only TV series
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

actually thats the plot of X the Tv series the movie doesnt turn out exactly like that. so what what you are referring to is clearly the Tv series. The movie suck aniway so stick to the series
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

X suck, end of story
kamuzu

Post by kamuzu »

Raptor wrote:actually thats the plot of X the Tv series the movie doesnt turn out exactly like that. so what what you are referring to is clearly the Tv series. The movie suck aniway so stick to the series
maybe, it just seemed to me that the anime in subject is older, while the series are of 2001.
samurai_jack

Thanks!

Post by samurai_jack »

Yep. Thats the one.

Thanks

kamuzu, Raptor + epoximator
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

Well the year indeed does not match but some plot lines he mentionned are not present in the movie. The ending is different for example