AniDB Staff

Post by SilverWordz »

Other anime:

All

Except the Escaflowne movie.

It can pwn that.
Neko-Musume

Post by Neko-Musume »

Heh I didn't even want to respond to this, then I saw my favorite mistress post.

If you think that Elfen Lied is (one of) the best anime, you... need to watch more anime.

Try some Ghibli productions, try Juuni Kokuki, try Serial Experiments Lain, try Legend of Galactic Heroes, try something that isn't just tits, ass, blood, and cookie-cutter character outlines.

But don't try the Escaflowne movie, that's just self-torture.
DarkZero

Post by DarkZero »

Elfen Lied is definitely one of the best anime ever oO
HiEv

Post by HiEv »

Neko-Musume wrote:If you think that Elfen Lied is (one of) the best anime, you... need to watch more anime.
I wouldn't say it's top-ten material, but I'd definitely say it's in the top 5% of all anime. You're the first I've heard who didn't like it.
Neko-Musume wrote:But don't try the Escaflowne movie, that's just self-torture.
Ugh... tell me about it. One of the few anime movies I felt compelled to quit watching part way through. I can usually plow through bad anime just so I know how things ended, but I was such a fan of the "Escaflowne" series that I couldn't stand the way the movie took a big dump on the series after a short while. I forget exactly what the straw was that broke the camel's back, but they shouldn't have even bothered calling the movie "Escaflowne" since it had so little in common with the series other than the names of the characters. :x
Neko-Musume

Post by Neko-Musume »

HiEv wrote:You're the first I've heard who didn't like it.
I never said I didn't like. I just don't think it's "one of the best anime ever". It's junk food, with pretty colors, predictable characters and little real substance.
SilverWordz
AniDB Staff

Post by SilverWordz »

Neko-Musume wrote:
HiEv wrote:You're the first I've heard who didn't like it.
I never said I didn't like. I just don't think it's "one of the best anime ever". It's junk food, with pretty colors, predictable characters and little real substance.
Me too. Me too.

My judgment of "all" was an exaggeration. It's not a horrible anime, but it's no where near my top ten, and its not something I would classify as being in the top 5% of all anime either. Top 50% maybe.

*super cuddles Neko-kun*
Neko-Musume

Post by Neko-Musume »

SilverWordz wrote:
*super cuddles Neko-kun*
*purrrrr*
I like your avvy.
SilverWordz
AniDB Staff

Post by SilverWordz »

Neko-Musume wrote:I like your avvy.
Thank you, I drew it myself! XD