Most brutal Series?

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

Hisjabberwock

Most brutal Series?

Post by Hisjabberwock »

Hey, I am wondering, what (In your opinion) is the most brutal/bloody series out there. I'm looking for something that is very very good (In terms of story and design, for example), but with the crazy scenes of blood and carnage.

Can anyone help me out?

And no, I do not listen to death metal.
Tsumuji

Post by Tsumuji »

As for anime shows... Elfen Lied is quite unique... I think you'll like it...
If your up for something of different setup / gener, I can also recommend Shigurui... A new show which I have found somewhat interesting...

Regards Tsumuji
Neko-Musume

Post by Neko-Musume »

Narutaru (don't be fooled by the first episode), Berserk, Devilman, 3x3 Eyes... For more, check out the violence category for some ideas.

Currently listening to Slayer. :P
HiEv

Post by HiEv »

Yup, "Narutaru" was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the title of this thread. It is brutal in every sense of the word (starting after the first episode.) Personally, I hated it. It was too dark and depressing for me, and evil people got away with too much brutality and only the main character seemed to care. I seem to recall it ended somewhat prematurely too. Still, if you want brutal, it's got it in spades.

"Elfen Lied" is a much, much better anime in this category, definitely worth watching, but not quite as brutal as "Narutaru".
papa_g

Post by papa_g »

I'm in the middle of watching Tokko.
Demons and demon hunters, swords and slice and dice action.
Not a bad show if you like the graphic vilolence thing.
jvi

Post by jvi »

A while ago I watched the unsencored version of GantZ season 1 and 2.
Can't get a lot more messier than this series...
iceclimber

Post by iceclimber »

Gantz ( if its the Uncut Version, you also got some sex scenes), Narutaru, Elfen Lied and Tokko. Elfen Lied and Narutaru are sure the most violent from this list.
albinosqrl

Post by albinosqrl »

Narutaru is definitely not as brutal as popular opinion seems to think. There are some VERY brutal scenes, but they're near the end. The OP seems to want graphic scenes as well, and Narutaru's scenes aren't really.

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni is pretty brutal at several points.
kidan

Post by kidan »

wrt Narutaru:
the manga is much more cruel than the anime. The anime only covers a very small part of the story, so I recomend the manga for anybody who is interested what's going on in this anime.
E_chan

Post by E_chan »

Elfen lied and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is really bloody and brutal series.