Armored gear anime.

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

ShadowofChaos

Armored gear anime.

Post by ShadowofChaos »

Okay, this is a long-shot but I figure it's worth a try.
I'm looking for this pretty old anime which looked to be pretty "Power Rangers" inspired.

All I know is that the 3 main characters(two guys and a girl) can uhh, "transform". It's basically a flashy sequence where pieces of armor come on their bodies to form armored suits. The girl has a red suit, the main man has a blue suit, and the other guy has a green suit. There's also this transforming motorcycle which all 3 of them can jump in and mow down the monsters. I'm also pretty sure that the 3 of them aren't exactly human(not in the alien sense), probably part or full machine.

I personally think it was a pretty good animation in its time, which is why I'm disappointed that I can't find this anime listed in the mech category, or the cyborg, android, powered suits, and transforming subcategories.

I don't suppose anyone remembers this old relic? O_o
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

How old, a good hint might be when you actually saw it. Old to me means 20 years, while old to you could mean 5.
Shinnew

Post by Shinnew »

Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Speaking of, shinnew, get a bloody move on... :D

Rar
MorphingJar

Post by MorphingJar »

PetriW wrote:How old, a good hint might be when you actually saw it. Old to me means 20 years, while old to you could mean 5.
Hmm. Aired in 1988. Thats just about 20 years old. So ya. Its OLD :P
ShadowofChaos

Post by ShadowofChaos »

Yep, it's Borgman.
It's a shame that it never really took off the way the old Dragonball did, the graphics for its time is really good. It's like watching Halo 3 in the 1990s.

*cough*

And yes shinnew, get on with that one O_o

It's kinda disappointing when some good talent gets buried under the mainstream stuff.

Sort of like how Lemon Angel Project was abandoned with stuff like Naruto and Bleach, which currently suck now after hundreds of filler episodes. The story for Lemon Angel sucked, but the anime chicks and OP aren't bad.
Shinnew

Post by Shinnew »

Rar wrote:Speaking of, shinnew, get a bloody move on... :D

Rar
Yeah, I should...
And not only on that one.