Nameless Anime

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

Nalayah

Nameless Anime

Post by Nalayah »

Hi, referred to here by a friend :).

Around 1996-1997, I saw my first anime movie... specifically about the last half hour or so. I've been desperately trying to figure out the name, but can't remember. It was dubbed, and on sattelite television.

Details on it that I can remember:

The end of it took place on what I think was a desert planet (Think Tatooine). Afaik, it centered around a space ship crashing, and the daughter of the captain of the ship (the protagonist) searching for her father. In the end, she finds her father has integrated himself with the ship's computer. I remember around the end, there was a race or something of the sort featuring what were somewhat like scooters from star wars. Given that it was dubbed, there was a constant referral to the antagonistic characters there, which were children, as "punks." The protagonist had a bit of a rebellious attitude.

This is about all I can remember right now. If anyone may know what the anime is, I'd be forever indebted to them. As you can tell, it was a science fiction-ish one.

Thanks!
Hoerie

Post by Hoerie »

All I can say is: it was on dutch television around then, and I want to know what it is too. It featured a bazooka-like weapon (if I remember correctly).
kidan

Post by kidan »

Just taking a very wild guess: Akira?

Well, Akira is definatly not what you're looking for, but good anyway. And it got punks, but no spaceships.
Last edited by kidan on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoerie

Post by Hoerie »

Hmm I must have missed the whole spaceship and daughter thing in Akira...weird ;-)
papa_g

Post by papa_g »

it was a sub sub sub sub sub....suuuuuuub plot.

You had to look really hard for it. :D
kidan

Post by kidan »

To add some more off-topic: The manga was better anyways.
papa_g

Post by papa_g »

Off topic?

We had a topic?