Most popular anime

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

retroactiv

Most popular anime

Post by retroactiv »

Hi, I was just wondering what are the most popular/ renowned anime. I'm guessing titles like Evangelion, Naruto and Bleach are in the list (pokemon, digimon, sailormoon I suppose are widely known, but I'm more interested in anime of a higher quality).
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Sazae-san.

Rar
DeathByNeko

Post by DeathByNeko »

lucky star =)
Triper

Post by Triper »

Most Famous - Dragon Ball Z

Most notable work - Ghibli Movies
huggy

Post by huggy »

i suppose Akira, which may not be as popular now but it pretty much triggered the widespread release of anime in the uk, as for other series, ones that seem to get commented on fairly regularly would be "the melancholy of suzumia haruhi", "elfen lied", "Ranma 1/2", "tenchi muyo", these last two for definite as they are big series and another season of tenchi muyo came out maybe a year ago so its still pretty popular
narutaru

famous anime

Post by narutaru »

Famous Ghibli movies: My Neighbor Totora, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Laputa, Nausicaa, Porco Rosco, and Kiki's Delivery Service.

Famous Other movies: Evangelion, Final Fantasy Spirits Within, Final Fantasy Advent Children, Beyond the Clouds, Millenium Actress, Grave of the Fireflies, Perfect Blue

Crappiest anime movie I ever watched in whole: Arion

Famous anime:

Random: Azumanga Daioh, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Doraemon, Kaleido Star,
Sci-fi: Evangelion, Gundam Wing, Last Exile, Crest of the Stars (my favorite anime is Crest -_-)
Romance/Harem: Love Hina, Tenchi Muyo OVA, Maison Ikkoku, Kimagure Orange Road, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien,
Hentai: La Blue Girl (haha, it's true though)
Action: X TV, Ninja Scroll, Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop
Adventure: Escaflowne, Fushigi Yuugi, El Hazard, Now and Then Here and There, Slayers, Juuni Kokki
Magical Girl: Cardcaptor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayearth, Pretty Sammy, Sailor Moon
Famous for being bad: Akane Maniax, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Legend of the Crystals
Paradigma89

Post by Paradigma89 »

Death Note
HiEv

Post by HiEv »

I'm surprised "Fullmetal Alchemist" hasn't been mentioned yet. One of the highest rated widely viewed anime on AniDB. "InuYasha" is another one I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet. (Being shown on Cartoon Network helped a lot in making both of them famous.)

And if you want infamous instead of famous, "Eiken" has a legendary amount of fan service. If you watch "Eiken" you will either love it for its over-the-top nature, or hate it for the same reason, there is no in-between.
Roderig

Post by Roderig »

No Trigun? I'm surprised. Of course it may be me cause I watched it in conjunction with Cowboy Bebop, which in itself is amazing. But, yeah, Trigun.