Anime characters with "berserker" abilities?

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

ShadowofChaos

Anime characters with "berserker" abilities?

Post by ShadowofChaos »

Okay, what I'm looking for is simple.
Sometimes you come across animes where the characters have a "berserker" type of ability in which they completely kick ass.

A couple of main ones are Venus Versus Virus, Dragon Ball Z, and Gundam SEED where they go berserk all the time.

A few minor ones are Bleach and Neon Genesis Evangelion where they only go nuts a couple of times throughout the whole series.

I'm trying to get a list of animes like that. Nothing like an explosion of power to get the boredom out of your system ^_^
Rhyu

Post by Rhyu »

I love that in anime. I'll sometimes just watch them simply to see them go berserk xD.

Well, there is always Naruto, thats definately one. Uhhh....lets see....what else is there.

In terms of sort of abstract series...Project ARMS (sort of dark, try the manga if you can find it) and a bit in Buso Renkin. I'm still watching both of these, the manga is better for both but still decent.

Princess Mononoke (Mononoke Hime), thats a movie and isn't a complete sort of transformed berserker one but he's kinda possessed and can easily kill people if he loses it (offs some dude's head with an arrow for instance). I personly really like that movie. First real anime that I ever saw though beside the whole pokemon/salior moon/digimon thing. Got that as the wrong disk at a rental store and loved it xD. I give that one out as a birthday present all the time, so I highly recomend it either way.

-snort- Inuyasha has a bit of berserker in it xD

I'm sure there are others, I'm just not getting anything.
kamuzu

Post by kamuzu »

not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but maybe Berserk?:D Good ass-kicking and no boredom for sure)
Rhyu

Post by Rhyu »

kamuzu wrote:not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but maybe Berserk?:D Good ass-kicking and no boredom for sure)
I don't know if thats quite the same idea xD. I've seen a bit of that and read a chunk of the manga (The story is good, but was I bit more mature than I like them. However, if you're a 18+ ish dude, go for it. I'm a 17 female so it wasn't QUITE to my tastes). The anime is way toned down from the manga from what I saw (no homosexual pedophile rape for one thing O__x). From what I remember there wasn't any real "berserker" moments, despite the name, just that he would get mad.
kamuzu

Post by kamuzu »

that's why I said "not sure"). Anyway, it's a great series and worth watching
HiEv

Post by HiEv »

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi" yet, which actually has a character named "Berserker" in it who does have a "berserker" type ability. He doesn't show up much until around the end of the series though.

Still, good anime, I strongly recommend it if you like martial arts anime with a dash of comedy and a few babes. :D
Tsumuji

Post by Tsumuji »

Tenjou Tenge
Try the anime / manga... The mange is still ongoing while the show ended a couple of years ago...

(( You see more of the "berserker" type ability in the mange, in my opinion ))

Regards