Help identitfy anime description please.

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

AngelWingzX

Help identitfy anime description please.

Post by AngelWingzX »

Hi,

In Hong Kong like 2 years ago i remeber watching this one anime (subbed english) about mechas.

The story line was like this:
There were children with special abilities, had something to do with their brains.
They could like predict the future or something.
I think there was a conflict between japan and the UN/US/or something else.
And the japanese used the children to pilot the mechas.

I think the children all went to a same academy or soemthing like that.

If anyone knows this anime please help me out >___<....
jpagdc

Re.: Help identitfy anime description please.

Post by jpagdc »

Hi!.

I admit I don't know a lot of Mecha Anime, but from Your Description I can think that it might be one of the following:
  1. Shinseiki Evangelion (this one is the most probable and is quite good/famous/popular)
  2. RahXephon
  3. Full Metal Panic! (this one is the least probable since it's not only Children...)
I can't say much more cause I didn't see any other Mecha Anime that go with the given Description U gave.

If U R interested, NOW is Airing a Mecha Anime Series (so obviously it isn't from 2 years ago) that is also about Mecha and Children from GONZO (company) and, from what I saw, it seems to be quite Good. It's called Bokura no.
(Advice: Don't go just by the site description. See when it started airing and how many users R there with all the english-subtitled Episodes. Then see the Votes. The Description is, usually, not a spoiler so, it is usually a VERY RESUMED description as to explain the GENRE of Anime it is more specifically.)

Bye!. C Ya!.

(P.P.S.: Yeah... :D My Second Post in AniDB Forum in less than 24H since the 1st one and/and Registration. :P )
retroactiv

Post by retroactiv »

Could be Soukou no Strain, i seem to remember this being mecha in the future and has something to do with brains, and they are also from an academy. Although it's not japan vs US.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

retroactiv wrote:Could be Soukou no Strain, i seem to remember this being mecha in the future and has something to do with brains, and they are also from an academy. Although it's not japan vs US.
This aired last year at most, finished this year.

Could be Soukyuu no Fafner - Right of Left or Gunparade Orchestra.

More Fafner.
TheJAG

Post by TheJAG »

Why don't you try to find it in anidb, checking the pictures and reading the descriptions of different animes.
It would be easier for you to find it than for us to do it for you since we know even less than you about the anime in question, right? :)

But I guess I'll send you in the right direction at least:
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... orderdir=1

There you'll find a list of mecha anime sorted by year. :)