Just got done with Utawarerumono...

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

treidan

Just got done with Utawarerumono...

Post by treidan »

We'll, I finished watching Utawarerumono, and shortly thereafter I watched all of Basilisk. I'm not really sure what to watch next, and I was hoping to get some suggestions. (I really don't understand how to use your whole recommendation system, I added some anime to my profile and stuff but that's all I know how to do.)

Anyhow, I was looking for something along the lines of what Basilisk and Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal offered, and possibly something similar to Utawarerumono in the adventure aspect.

Thanks in advance.
jedinat

Post by jedinat »

I never saw Basilisk... didn't think I'd like it. But just started airing is Romeo x Juliet. It's completely different than the play (Juliet sometimes dresses up like Zorro and saves people in distress) but from what I've read it's similar to Basilisk in that the two protagonists are supposed to be enemies... perhaps in nothing else though.

For the ancient setting:
Juuni Kokuki - one of the greatest anime ever made; excellent character development
Shura no Toki - nice martial arts anime (separated into three arc; I like the first two)
treidan

Post by treidan »

I'll definitely check out those 3, thanks for the suggestion!
arsenio

Post by arsenio »

you should try samurai champloo,samurai deeper kyo or ninja scroll both series and movie

it seems to me that you like samurai animes
Hoerie

Post by Hoerie »

In that case, you should try Kyattou Ninden Teyandee.