Tracking down my first experience of anime (in need of help)

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

retroactiv

Tracking down my first experience of anime (in need of help)

Post by retroactiv »

Ok, this is probably going to be impossible to track down because the description is going to be vague, it was roughly 15 years ago and i only saw 2 minutes of it before my dad turned it off.

So what i can remember (think i remember) is there are 2 people fighting (maybe 3 people, but the part i can remember is the fight between the two), one guy is pulling at the other guys arms with his feet against his chest. There is a bit of straining then the guy manages to pull the others arms off and they appear to be robot arms (maybe he was a robot, or just had the arms of a robot).

Then my dad turned it off.

I think there was a single tree in the scene and the ground was grassy with bald areas (i think).

This was roughly 15 years ago when i saw it and i only thought of it the other day, but if you have any idea could you let me know. If it's a tv series would it be possible to get the episode numer?

Thanks for any help.
Amour

Post by Amour »

Astro Boy? Galaxy Express 999?

Could be anything with robots inside.
retroactiv

Post by retroactiv »

Pretty sure it wasn't either of those two. The robot guy appeared human until his arms were torn off, and it didn't look like it was taking place in space. Thanks for the attempt though.
nii-nii

Post by nii-nii »

:idea: It could be trivial, but...

Maybe it's Cyborg 009 :?:
retroactiv

Post by retroactiv »

Thanks for the attempt, but it wasn't in black and white, it also looked like quite a serious movie/series.

Also i think it was the badguy who had the robotic arms, that were torn off.
Last edited by retroactiv on Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
nii-nii

Post by nii-nii »

Ok, I gave it a try.
But Cyborg 009 (1979) wasn't in black and white (I didn't know there was a version of this anime in b and w).

Bye