Complaint - Recommend a Mecha anime thread lock

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

mblued

Complaint - Recommend a Mecha anime thread lock

Post by mblued »

Dear Mr Rar,
I *did* read the FAQ before posting my request. I tried the anime recommendation database, and I browsed AniDB by Mecha and SciFi categories.
However, I prefer direct fellow anime-lovers advice. Please note that I did list my favorite animes in the genre I asked about. The reason, as you might expect, is so that people can have a better idea about my preference, making it easier to make relevant suggestions.
I was also kinda hoping this would perhaps create a little discussion about mecha anime, where dear forum posters would debate their preferences while I'm hiding behind the curtain, chuckling and taking notes of their ultimate secrets :twisted:
I tried looking for a rules post in the Anime Talk thread but there wasn't, and the recommendation FAQ says nothing about it being forbidden to ask for anime recommendations in the forums. Actually, near the end, in the section titled 'Asking People', I got the impression - and forgive my retarded mental facilities if I'm wrong here - the you actually *can* ask for recommendations in the forum. Since I'm new at AniDB I still haven't done my list, but instead I provided my favorite animes in the post, which should do the trick.
I don't mind your post - I've been around forums and I know some people (even I at occasions) ignore rules, and I'm sure you've seen more than your share of such posts. However, I really don't understand the reason for locking my thread. I really feel like I've been treated unjustly here.
If I offended you in any way, I'm sorry. I know this kind of posts may not belong here, but this is where it happened, and where it is relevant. Before you lock/delete this thread, at least give me an answer. If I'm wrong, I'll apologize. This is my last post here anyway.
And if you were not the one who locked my thread, then please forward this complaint to whoever did. I assumed it was you because I noted you were the last to post in several other locked threads.
Sorry if I took too much of your time.
ricce

Post by ricce »

If you read the FAQ again, under "Asking People" it clearly says you should post a link to your MyList and make sure everyone can read it and your votes.

If you just say give me a good Mecha anime the best ansvar we can give is this, but if we can see what you have watched and how you liked it it is easier to make decisions on what else you might like.

And there is usually more people on AnimeReactor try asking there instead.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Yeah, what ricce said. If you don't link your votes/mylist, people are likely to just say things you've already watched/didn't like/whatever. I guess reading down all the way to the bottom of the page is too taxing for most anime fans, maybe I should move that to the top and put it in red or something.

Rar
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Rar wrote:I guess reading down all the way to the bottom of the page is too taxing for most anime fans, maybe I should move that to the top and put it in red or something.
It would not work, they'd just break some other rule.
mblued

My List

Post by mblued »

I did read the Asking People section. I did note the part about the link to my list and votes. I don't have a mylist yet, and that's why I listed my favorites in the post itself. These ARE my list anyways, and I believe listing them should "give people a rough idea of the kind of thing you're after". After all, it is people I'm talking to not automated computer programs.

If you just say give me a good Mecha anime the best ansvar we can give is this, but if we can see what you have watched and how you liked it it is easier to make decisions on what else you might like.
That was exactly what I thought about when I included my favorites. A mini mylist + votes rolled in two lines.

Reading the recommendation faq aaaaaaaall the way down was not taxing at all - I like reading, and I enjoyed it. I sometimes have thoughts of my own too .... :?