Worst ending ever

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

Locked
Peterus
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: Poland, Gliwice
Contact:

Worst ending ever

Post by Peterus » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:36 pm

By worst ending i mean biggest dissapointment. So some totaly un-watchable production with trashy ending doesn't count.
If u wanted to take some anime crew hostage and force them to rewrite ending, while still worshipping their previews works... and previws episodes - this is it.

My TOP1 worst ending is Monster.
Recycling cool characters is common practice... but this?! (trying to avoid spoliers, but better skip it if u didn't watch it yet) Whole last scene of Tenma vs Johan was extremaly inconsistent, sheltering Tenma morality by some drunken shooter was pathetic... and his later decision to operate was just plain stupid!

Amour
Posts: 640
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:19 pm
Location: France

Post by Amour » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:22 pm

Harry Potter's ending.

And seriously, the worst is Gantz's ending.

argith
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by argith » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:33 pm

trigun.i didnt like its ending

Sosseres
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:08 am

Post by Sosseres » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:48 pm

Euerka 7, but it wasn't that great to start with... :/

Juuni Kokuki is another one, ending there?

Shen Diao Xia Lu II: Xie Dan Qi Jing also had a nasty ending, the torrent I uploaded for it excluded the last episode, it ought to be included in the next season.

Tenjou Tenge never really finished, well the manga is still ongoing...

I generally like anime endings, the episodes leading up there is usually my problem.

ThorStrom
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:39 pm

Post by ThorStrom » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:20 am

Well Gantz for one, but I think Mahoromatic was the worst. It left me looking like a big :?: , and that REALLY pissed me off :evil:
There are several animes the end as cliffhangers, wich actually is ok, because they continue as manga´s or sequels, but Mahoromatic was like a kick in the crotch.

AnimeOtaku
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:54 am
Location: Germany

Post by AnimeOtaku » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:43 am

Înuyasha....ok there is no real ending to call it one

Sosseres
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:08 am

Post by Sosseres » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:18 am

ThorStrom wrote:but I think Mahoromatic was the worst. It left me looking like a big :?: , and that REALLY pissed me off :evil:
There are several animes the end as cliffhangers, wich actually is ok, because they continue as manga´s or sequels, but Mahoromatic was like a kick in the crotch.
Mahormatic 1 or 2? Just to clarify.

minus-one
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

Re: Worst ending ever

Post by minus-one » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:48 pm

Peterus wrote:My TOP1 worst ending is Monster.
Recycling cool characters is common practice... but this?! (trying to avoid spoliers, but better skip it if u didn't watch it yet) Whole last scene of Tenma vs Johan was extremaly inconsistent, sheltering Tenma morality by some drunken shooter was pathetic... and his later decision to operate was just plain stupid!
just to let you know, there are people (like me) who think monster's ending is the best suitable ending for the series. as for the REALLY bad ending, i'd have to say evangellion, and if you're asking about absolutely worst - maybe kare kano?

ThorStrom
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:39 pm

Post by ThorStrom » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:02 pm

Sosseres wrote:
ThorStrom wrote:but I think Mahoromatic was the worst. It left me looking like a big :?: , and that REALLY pissed me off :evil:
There are several animes the end as cliffhangers, wich actually is ok, because they continue as manga´s or sequels, but Mahoromatic was like a kick in the crotch.
Mahormatic 1 or 2? Just to clarify.
Well number 2, since number 1 let there be an opening for a 2. season. Number 2, on the other hand, had a very dissapointing ending, since it leaves you with a lot of questions.

Sosseres
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:08 am

Re: Worst ending ever

Post by Sosseres » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:30 am

minus-one wrote:just to let you know, there are people (like me) who think monster's ending is the best suitable ending for the series. as for the REALLY bad ending, i'd have to say evangellion, and if you're asking about absolutely worst - maybe kare kano?
Ya, Kare Kano was just cut in the middle, halfway through the manga or something along those lines. If they had continued it would have had to be as a drama instead of a comedy from how I understood it though, so perhaps it is good they ended it there anyhow?

kidan
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:13 pm
Location: .DE

Re: Worst ending ever

Post by kidan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:23 am

minus-one wrote:...as for the REALLY bad ending, i'd have to say evangellion,...
Well, if you're talking about the ending of the original TV series, then I have to tell you, that the last 2 episodes of NGE are the best ending I've seen in anime. They are extremely stylish, resolve the storyline (Ok, you have to use your brain, but eva is not for the narrow minded) and give the Anime an edge lifting it from the usual mecha-action-dementia anime.

minus-one
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

Re: Worst ending ever

Post by minus-one » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:28 am

kidan wrote: They are extremely stylish, resolve the storyline (Ok, you have to use your brain, but eva is not for the narrow minded) and give the Anime an edge lifting it from the usual mecha-action-dementia anime.
it's extremly stupid, resolves nothing (it's just pseudo-psychological nonsense the only purpose of which was to buy itself wider audience) and it's gives a new meaning to the word "failure" (and your brain has nothing to do with this).

ps: and i like eva, i just don't like the ending ;-)

AlienMind
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:26 pm

Post by AlienMind » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:22 pm

Gilgamesh: Forced me to watch all episodes to see a resolve of why the fook the 3 organizations are fighting against each other in the first place and why 2 of them don't cooperate. So (SPOILER ------------------------ -- --- ---- -- -- - - -- --- -), finally, last 10 minutes... "i want to kill every human to make better humans" (at least I understood it that way) -- BANG - everyone dead. Unbelievable..... stupid.

Regarding this subject:
Gonzo must have the longest history of perfectly good animes which in the end go wacko.

User avatar
HiEv
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:34 am

Post by HiEv » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:10 pm

"Gilgamesh" just sucked, period. I agree that the ending of "Kare Kano" and "Neon Genesis Evangelion" were lame and obviously done after the budget ran out, but "Kare Kano" had the excuse that the manga was still going and NGE redeemed itself somewhat with the movie that replaced the last two episodes. However, I'm going to have to agree with ThorStrom that the end of the "Mahoromatic" series was utter garbage, so awful that it tainted the rest of what otherwise was not a bad anime. Basically, the second to last episode ends on a major cliffhanger, and the last episode skips ahead 10 years, says the cliffhanger ended badly, and shows that everyone has turned into an a-hole since then. I mean, WTF? :x

ThorStrom
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:39 pm

Post by ThorStrom » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:19 pm

lol, right after I saw the ending of Mahoromatic, I immediately googeled "Mahoromatic ending wtf?", just to see if I was the only one that didn´t "get" the ending :P

Locked