Full Metal Alchemist. Your Opinion?

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

jtc0

Full Metal Alchemist. Your Opinion?

Post by jtc0 »

Hey all, I've just discovered anime (through a mate) and so far I am really enjoying the stuff that I have been exposed too.

I've just recently seen Akira, Sin, Ghost in the Shell (1 + Stand Alone Complex) and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. It was then recommended that I track down and watch some ghibli movies. Having just seen Spirited Away and Howls Moving castle I'm just in love with anime. As of two minutes ago I now have Fate/Stay Night series, Tenjou Tenge series, Macross zero series, Elfen Lied series and Samarai Champloo. I am yet to have watched any episodes from any of these series and tomorrow should have completed getting the full Last Exile series which I have also been recommended.

Given that it will take some time to watch through (or delete) all the stuff my friend sent me AND the new Last Exile series I have I was going to get another series in the meantime. I have seen Full Metal Alchemist mentioned in a lot of places and it seems relatively popular. Is it worth getting and is it up to par with most of the mainstream movies I've seen. (I only say this because I haven't yet seen the quality of the series).

Thanks in advance.
arsenio

Post by arsenio »

Full Metal Alchemist is almost the best anime there is
it has a great story
you should definetly watch it
Last edited by arsenio on Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suppy

Post by suppy »

Full Metal Alchemist has a good story and is decent in most ways. One thing you shoud do though is get the movie as well, as that is what really ends the story. Otherwise you'll just be left wanting for more. But this is not really an answer to your question: as you see in the post just before mine, there are indeed fanboys who simply love this series, and while I am not quite as enthusiastic as arsenio is, I would also say that from the examples of shows you have right now, this one fits very well in that same style (shounen), and if you like them, you'll most likely enjoy Full Metal Alchemist as well. So yes, do grab it.
Tzunx

Post by Tzunx »

yeah Full Metal Alchemist is a must watch, your missing out if u dont !!!!