If you would be so kind to help me name that movie.

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

Caboose4u

If you would be so kind to help me name that movie.

Post by Caboose4u »

A long time ago, the Sci-fi channel (back in it's glory days) used to run anime Saturday mornings. One week, they decided to show an anime movie once a night. That brings me to the topic at hand. One particular night, they ran a movie that to this day I can't find. What I remember is the following:

1. There were about 7 characters that we followed around.
2. It took place in some small town with a high school/university at the center.
3. One morning, our heroes wake up to find everyone gone and the town is literally cut away from everywhere else.
4. The town is on top of a turtle(?) as found out by one of the characters as he rappels off the edge of town.
5. The high school/University is the center of all the weird phenomenon and supernatural things happen when our heroes enter the school.
6. It apparently is a dream and everyone is inside one of the girls dream.
7. The end happens when one of the characters realizes it is a dream and starts to abuse it. He then wants to have the girl who is dreaming the whole thing, but the "dream maker"(?) says he won't. The guy then feeds the "dream maker"'s "pig"(?) some food and it turns the whole thing into a nightmare literally. And everyone wakes up
8. One of the guys carries a katana and swings it wildly in the school and shouts "I'm afraid of the dark!"
9. It is a sequel (Sci-fi showed it's precursor the night before)

I can remember almost everything about this movie except names. I think the name of the movie and it's prequel had something to do with their teacher but I'm not sure. Any and all help would be appreciated even if it's a link to someone who might know. Thank you and may God bless you.

Sincerely,

Me
suppy

Post by suppy »

well, I have no clue, but I might be able to point you to a better place to ask: AnimeReactor Community Forum.
Caboose4u

Time

Post by Caboose4u »

If it helps, it was about 8 years ago that I saw it on Sci-fi so it's at least that old.
Caboose4u

Found the name

Post by Caboose4u »

The title for the flick in question is Urusei Yatsura 2. Part of the Lum series.