I think you misunderstood

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

ThorStrom

I think you misunderstood

Post by ThorStrom »

I think you staff guys misunderstood my previous post http://www.anidb.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5550, and as it got locked, I have to reply in a new topic:

What i´m looking for is not exactly seinen, as seinen anime can be watched by teens under 18, like Chobits (I think the age restriction is 15+). I´m looking for anime that has a age restriction of 18+, like Ganz and Elfen Lied, and i´m asking here because your search engine doesn´t have a search option for age restriction, only intended age group. If i´m amiss here, please let me know, and please don´t lock the post before I can reply :?
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Why don't you look in ANN that has age restriction IIRC?
Tsumuji

Post by Tsumuji »

It's hard to tell what exactly you are looking for and it would be easier if you told us more about what kind of genre you prefer, etc... atm I can only suggest:

- Kenpuu Denki Berserk

- And perhaps Witch Hunter Robin

Enjoy :!:
ThorStrom

Post by ThorStrom »

Hey thanks for the replies. Well I´m not quite sure how to define it any narrower other than it has to be age restriction 18+, NOT be hentai, kinda be like Elfen Lied or Gantz (really liked that one :) ), or be something different, but most importantly: be really good :D
Neko-Musume

Post by Neko-Musume »

Since the vast majority of imported anime isn't rated, there's really no filtering criteria. The only stuff that has "age restriction 18+" IS hentai. And in Japan, the kids tend to be a bit more capable and mature (culture differences), so even "kids" anime tend to have more adult themes than their western counterparts.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Well, as I said ANN has something like that with age ratings (example). The problem is that it's not searchable.

ADV and RightStuff have ratings in their titles. Only RightStuff is searchable, but all 18+ are hentai I think. Or you can browse this. :P
ricce

Re: I think you misunderstood

Post by ricce »

ThorStrom wrote: your search engine doesn´t have a search option for age restriction, only intended age group.
It dousen't?

What about this:
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... &gennid=80

But as someone else said, it's most hentai
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

I did not misunderstand it, all posts that ask for recs here and don't follow what that FAQ says will be locked. Post-link-to-mylist-or-die.

Rar