which ones? some pointers plz

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

Fr33m4n

which ones? some pointers plz

Post by Fr33m4n »

As you can see I’m new here and quite frankly new to the whole world of Anime. I got interested after watching Cowboy Bebop, which later lead to Trigun and Kenshin. But now I’m unsure where to proceed from there. My big brother on the other hand, he’s been a fan for quite some time and already has an extensive library. Too much for me to comprehend really. Unfortunately he’s out of town at the moment. Though that means I am free to borrow anything I want, it also means I don’t know what’s worthwhile. That’s why I’d really appreciate some help in figuring out what’s worthwhile and where I’ll be wasting my time. His library includes:

Basilisk
Twelve Kingdoms
Aquarion
Black Cat
Blood +
Crest of the Stars
Ergo Proxy
Eureka Seven
Fate Stay Night
Full Metal Panic + the second raid + fumoffu
Gankutsuou
Gantz
Gun X Sword
Hell Girl
Hunter X Hunter
Kino’s Travels
Macross Zero
Pale Coccon
RahXephon
Read or Die
Smurai Champolo
Scrapped Princess
s-Cry-ed
Shana
Shingetsutan
Speed Grapher
Tenjou Tenge
Tide-Line
Trinity Blood
Ueki
Yukikaze

Like I said. Big(at least by my standards, I don’t know about you guys). I’m sure there must be quite a few gems in here but I’ve also hared him complain that some of it was a waste of money, though I can’t recall which. I’ve taken a look at the different reviews on the site and I didn’t feel like they helped me eliminate anything. So if anyone would just give me a few pointers and help me separate the good from the bad I’d be very grateful.

TIA

-Fr33m4n
Brayden

Post by Brayden »

alrighty,

Full Metal Panic + the second raid + fumoffu
Smurai Champolo
Tenjou Tenge
Scrapped Princess

ive seen those ones and there all good. but its mostly personal prefence. it depends what kinda shows your into.

i hear Eureka Seven is good, but im waiting for it all to be subbed by the one group before i download and watch
cenedra

Post by cenedra »

Twelve Kingdoms
Crest of the Stars
Fate Stay Night
Hell Girl
Read or Die
Scrapped Princess
Shingetsutan Tsukihime

ive seen these, and pretty much liked them, hellgirl was ok, but kinda random if you dont pay attention, the twelve kingdoms was good, a lot of action there...
Shingetsutan Tsukihime and fate/stay night are very good, and very very action packed..
scrapped princess is great, if you go for the sword-and-sorcery genre,
but is R.O.D the ova(3 eps) or the tv(26 eps)? the ova was great
crest of the stars is light-and-heavy on the drama, but a good scifi series
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »