Personal Anime Hint(warning I use spoilers)

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

DaiSanGen

Personal Anime Hint(warning I use spoilers)

Post by DaiSanGen »

Hi. I'm out of anime and I don't believe in the hint system. What I'd like is that somebody who likes the same aspects as me from certain animes advices me a next anime. If you recognise what I like about an anime below and know something similar or better I'd like to know that anime. I'll divide my favourite 8 anime below in 6 categories:

Cry, Fighting, Tactics, Mysterious, Comedy, Shock

I also will put the names of my 8 fav anime here so you can quickly see if you know any of it:

Love Hina, Saikano, DBZ, Naruto, Akagi, Rahxephon, Chobits, Kenshin(prequel only)

What I like from anime is that it moves me, and I want to be moved a lot by it, I love anime which can make me cry, that can be because it's just so sad or that someone is just too cool~ I'll explain my genres below with examples from my favs. If you recognise what I try to explain and know something alike then please let me know, the more you feel the same the better it is I guess, so please also let me know how you experienced what moved me

CRY(anime that makes me cry, and not just some tears dropping but really moving)

I like romance stories and sad endings are good. In this category I like Love Hina and Saikano. I guess I really need good music to get my tears going.

Love Hina
my fav ep of Love Hina is 23-24, that's also because of the song "yakusoku" it made me play the piano. in ep 23 naru sees keitarou with mutsumi and her heart breaks, in ep 24 naru searches for keitarou and the yakusoku song is played, it's so romantic it makes me cry, the first time it made me cry hard ;; I cried in bed that night ;-; it's not much of an explanation but if you recognise this and know an anime which gave you the same feeling please let met know

Saikano
This is the sadest anime I know, my fav ep is nr9. In that ep both akemi and tetsu die. there are a lot of crying moments in this anime. the music also plays a big part in that, it's so good, the sad electric guitar version of the ending theme is used in ep 9. after watching this episode my t shirt always gets pretty soaked ;-; also strong about this anime is that it's so rewatchable, every time I keep crying, I kind of got over Love Hina in 6 times, I can't cry anymore from ep 24.
examples of parts which gave me goosebumps and a nice heartbeat are when the intro part of the electric saishuu heiki song plays, for example in ep 1 when shujii sees chise in her other form or when chise goes out to kill the guys that killed tetsu, espcially that part was very moving, on the one hand very sad and at the same time a kind of justice but also very hard.

FIGHTING(Fights which are so Cool that it gives me goosebumps, makes my heart go fast and may even let me drop some tears)

Naruto
what I like about naruto is that it both has Cool fighting scenes and that there are sad eps. By a Cool fighting scene I mean I get goosebumps and a high heartbeat by the coolness of the fight. often this is also caused by good battle music. the sadest ep is 19. when the evil zabuza can't stop from crying over haku is very moving, I always cry at this part. Cool fighting scenes are 124, Kabuto vs sannin, sasuke vs orochimaru in the forest of death. there are lots and lots more cool fighting scenes but these came up just now. kabuto is my fav char. first I thought he was very nice and he looked like trunks, then I thought he was a spy, later on I thought he was good again when he came between orochimaru and tsunade and now I know he is bad, still he is cool. I had high expectation because of his coolness, and the reality was only better, I never thought he was able to match kakashi let alone the sannin. 124 is the best example of a full drawn fight, much moves and stuff unlike repeating or simplified action scenes like much occurs in dbz. kabuto vs tsunade rocks, for example when his nerve system is supposed to be totally in chaos he quickly learns to move like he used to. I really feared that kabuto would die from naruto 's rasengan. In sasuke's battle with orochimaru in the 2nd exam it almost looks like it's over when sasuke lies down, but then the bomb tags on orochimaru explodes and the fight continues, I never see tricks like this coming because I'm very naive I guess, I have zero thoughts about what is going to happen next or if something is true or not ;;

DBZ
the best of DBZ is that goku turns SSJ3 in the sean schemmel dub. I can't get goosebumps from a woman screaming as a SSJ3, it just doesn't do it, the voice is ok for goku as a boy but in dbz I prefer the dub. And there are like 3 dubs in english but only 1 rocks. it's the sean schemmel dub(goku). even when he talks normally it's so cool, I love his voice. when he turns SSJ 3 it's the best scream of DBZ, I love that power up screaming, the rage in it because he lost someone, I get goosebumps from it and my heartbeat goes dokidoki and sometimes it even makes me drop a few tears, that's how cool i think it is. about the ssj3 powerup scream it really takes long, and near the end of it it's best, the scream is really done with no holding back, overpitching, it's great. trunks is my fav char though. the future trunks. he's cocky but only against bad guys, to his friends he's really the polite gentle guy. it's also very cool in the frieza saga when jayce the red guy is talking against goku and gets slammed in the face while he's not even done ^^ so cool, that abrupt stop was so cool.

TACTICS(you'll recognise it by reading below, multilayered strategy from unexpected corners, just so genial that you couldn't have seen it coming, atleast I couldn't have :P)

Akagi
the difference between naruto and dbz is that in naruto each fight has some tricks to it which are explained in the middle or afterwards. shikamaru is the best example for this fighting style. somtimes in naruto there are pictures that explain chakra and stuff, I love that explanation. now akagi is almost purely that kind of explanation. it's about mahjong and it's on such a high strategic lvl, one time in ep 13 there's a whole episode explanation why he made a certain wait in the previous episode. and there are always multilayered traps in the strategy. in ep 7 in which ichikawa loses with his double layered trap akagi wins with his amazing strategy. and it's so cool how he knew what tile would have been the dora. also how he owns the tricks of fake akagi are so cool, and in the bet they make after it how he wins by cheating, and by not cheating at the same time. such double layered tricks are so cool. I never see them coming. it's also very cool how akagi fights against the factory workers, no talk, he drops the suit case and knees that face down.

MYSTERIOUS(A puzzly storyline which gives you clues at times, for example at the last ep)

RahXephon
this anime has the best storyline I know. when I watched the last episode the missing link came and I had a new clue to solve the many things I didnt get while watching the anime. but still many times I watched and didn't get some things. and the movie added a new clue too. I like this kind of puzzly story which becomes complete by rewatching. I hear rahxephon is a rip off of evangelion but I don't know if it is as puzzly and stylefully done. I didn't really like the mecha part but I loved the empty atmosphere in ep 3 and of the island nirai kanai. also each char had his own story behind him. the music also fitted in perfect, I love the intro and the ending has something sad which i like.

Berserk
berserk also contains plenty fighting but they could have made that better by using the "forces" song much more then only in ep 3 and as preview theme. I love that song and other music is also good. the fighting is good but I don't remember really Cool scenes like they occur in naruto or dbz. but it's some time ago now, a year or more 2 years maybe. the monster in ep 6 impressed me when you first see it with a soldier pierced on it's blade, that was quite impressive. also in the dub gokus voice occured as random soldier which was good, but generally japanese is better, japanese is always good, dubs rarely, only dbz ^^ What I especially liked about berserk besides the fighting and setting was the story with the development of the band and griffith. he also has amazing tactical skills and the story went in directions i couldn't have seen coming.

COMEDY

Chobits
I don't remeber real rofl's from anime, I laughed a lot but if I think about it now chobits comes up. it's only the 1st ep though which especially made me laugh. it was the part when he tries to hide chii and everything goes wrong ^^ when shinbo said that hideki got a bloodnose and how he swept it away almost made me fall on the floor, and then the behaviour he continues to do was so funny, the way he held his hand under his head and how he says that the towel is now covered with blood. and how he says he falled again lol it's so stupid that it's funny. oh I also remember from fruitsbasket when the dog and the snake are together they are so funny~~ the snake is so gay that it's funny ^^ and the dog is so I don't know how to say it but it's his kind of humor, also kakashi from naruto makes me laugh alot ^^

SHOCK(not really this heavy, but very impressive making the experience even more, it's hard but still there's good stuff, not pure violence because of violence like golems and stuff but more like kenshin prequel)

Kenshin
the genre title is a bit overpowered I guess but when I first saw kenshin I really was impressed by the brutality of the assassinations. the beautifull girls get slaughtered merciless when they try to protect the kid and the kid sees it. how one of them gets stabbed through the throat and again when she fell on the ground. and then how the kid tries to put up a fight. after that seijuro enters extremely cool and brutal, the 9 strikes/s attack instantly torns his enemy. the music that plays from the start is also incredbly good, the atmosphere is so there. and the sword theory of seijuro about the bad guys trying to live their live in a way they think is best. there are interesting things like that discussed. that kenshin will become a mass murderer but because he's so pure he has to help. it's very moving. and then the change from the 1st music to the 2nd goosebump part, the assassination , it's also a very good action scene, brutal,hard but at the same time it's kenshins justice. the combination of heavy violence and these theories in the samurai setting really do it. the romance thing with tomoe doesn't move me that much though I dropped some tears but I still controlled myself, there were also very moving thins she said but I guess the music wasn't there, the best music from the anime is the music that starts from the very beginning. the idea is good though of a woman who fells in love while planning to deceive her husbands killer but I don't agree with it. I don't get why she left for the mountain, the idea she goes away agter her 2nd love is good but why to the shack. and it's stupid that she gets hit while trying to stop the knife, it's so preventable, it's also partly kenshin's fault, he shouldn't have been hurt, the story end seems a bit forced to me, but that doesn't really matter now. seijuro is the best char, i wanted to see him more but they didn't use that chance. I don't like the normal kenshin series because it's more focussed on the comedy part and because if there's a fighting scene it's so standard. the only part I liked was around ep 30 against saito hajime.

if you like one of the anime I poseted or if you recognise what I like and know where to find more then please let me know.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

http://wiki.anidb.info/w/FAQ:Recommendations

If you bother to read and understand the faq, pm me and I might unlock.

Rar
DaiSanGen

Post by DaiSanGen »

*Unlock bump*
The point is if you post a link, people can perhaps recommend things, even if they can't cope with your lack of brevity, confused expression, poor grammar, use of spoilers, sentences beginning with and, etc etc.

And if you really think your expressed tastes are in any way 'individual' and unfulfilable through generic recs... then you're delusional.

Unlocked. Paste the damn link.

Rar

I don't need to post the link because I don't want any recommendations based on simple votes

it is possible through generic recs but not as it is now

sorry for being a foreigner

it'd be nice if someone could help, thanks in advance
よろしくお願いしますー
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

Points for first person to spot the joke in that PM. Anyway, as to whether you're too 'complicated' to be pinned down by simple votes, I guess we follow the simple instructions in the FAQ and let people decide for themselves?

http://anidb.info/u171363

That wasn't hard now, was it. Also, being Dutch is no excuse for retardism, all the Nederlanders I know speak three languages better than most people manage one.

Rar
DaiSanGen

Post by DaiSanGen »

I am the proof that dutch people don't speak other languages that well, I graduated with a 9 for my english exam can you believe that. it's a generalisation. there are some people that speak other languages well but I think it's not that different from other countries. dutch has a wide tone variation though which makes it easier to learn other languages I guess but still many people keep speaking with a dutch accent. you could say though that I was just lucky with a 9, I guess I am very lucky. I got a double 10 for french and german vocabulary tests but I did that on the morning before the exam so I don't remembered anything for the reading tests and got a double 5 which combined makes a 7. latin was , well I guess it decayed after the 4th year ^^ 6.

Ich spreche kein deutsch.
je ne parle pas francaise.
aeneas trojanus est

你好吗。我很好你呢。

日本語は小さい少しだけ話せますけどあまり上手ではありません。大学の友達がこれを読んでるかな~恥ずかしい~誰かが読めるかな~誰もないかもね~じゃーちょっと紹介します~私はライデン大学で日本語を勉強してます、今二年生です。でも友達が読んだら秘密の招待のが面白いね~~後の話は日本語が読める人ね任せよう~

ohja en ik kan denk ik ook nog wel nederlands :P maar ik heb nu geen zin in nederlands.

Anyways let's get back on topic. I'll be waiting ^_^
albinosqrl

Post by albinosqrl »

Rar wrote:... sentences beginning with and, etc etc.

And if you really think your expressed tastes...
I win?

Anyways, there's nothing to "believe in" with the hint system. Click the button, wait, browse the list it gives you and see if there's anything that catches your eye. It compares your votes to other users, and then shows you what people with similar votes also liked. It's just like asking people what they liked, except without annoying people in the process. If that's overly simple for you, you're trying too hard.
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

albinosqrl wrote:I win?
You do.

Okay, let's play the rec game, how about you try this DaiSanGen, I'm reasonably sure you'll like it.

Rar
DaiSanGen

Post by DaiSanGen »

I doubled the amount of votes I had and now the hint I get is more accurate than the first, so I started DLing the nr.1 hint GTO.

though through the votinglist I get what I generally like, special things like akagi or saikano won't be hinted as fast. I'd rather find only 10's then just average anime, hence I explain my fav anime ^-^

I understand why you recommend hikaru no go, when I talked about akagi I got hinted at hikaru no go, but I wonder if the main char is Cool enough or just a simple kid, and how deep the strategy is. I don't know if you have seen akagi, but the personality of akagi and the fact that the anime has a narrator for the strategy are the main reasons I like it.
I wasn't sure to try hikaro no go when I first heared about it because the link with akagi was too shallow, it'd be nice if that link could be confirmed, but after gto I might give it a try
Rar
AniDB Staff

Post by Rar »

It's nothing like akagi. It is however, probably the best shounen tv series made, and you seem to like them.

Rar