ged senki

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

slicksly

ged senki

Post by slicksly »

hey does anyone know how long it typically takes for new anime to be subbed cause these two new movies by studio ghibli ged senki and Taneyamagahara no Yoru just came out like 1 month ago and i was wonder is there any eta for the dubbed version :?: btw does anyone if mr. ghibli is retired or dead or wut cause both of these new ones are made by his son :!:
Neko-Musume

Post by Neko-Musume »

It's subbed when it's subbed, no sooner. And who the hell is "mr. ghibli"?
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

Hayao Miyazaki (mr. Ghibli) already announced about 2 or 3 times that he's going to retire. Bubt he probably can't leave the animation scene alone, so he'll probably end up directing another anime soon ;).

About it being released with subtitles. It took over a year before I could buy the DVD here in Holland with subtitles. I think USA will be faster, so maybe about a year?
Neko-Musume

Post by Neko-Musume »

sjabbie wrote:About it being released with subtitles. It took over a year before I could buy the DVD here in Holland with subtitles. I think USA will be faster, so maybe about a year?
Aren't some Ghibli releases subtitled in English when they're released on R2 DVD in Japan? IIRC it was this way for Mononoke Hime, not sure about the rest.
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

I don't know, because I try to buy as much releases with Dutch subtitles as possible.
lamer_de

Post by lamer_de »

Mononke even had the english and some other language dubs on the JP release.

I'm pretty sure all Ghibli DVDs have english subs. Btw, the release date in anidb is the date when it starts in the cinemas, not the DVD release date.

lamer_de
n4rut0

Post by n4rut0 »

lamer_de wrote:Mononke even had the english and some other language dubs on the JP release.

I'm pretty sure all Ghibli DVDs have english subs. Btw, the release date in anidb is the date when it starts in the cinemas, not the DVD release date.

lamer_de
english or engrish?
lamer_de

Post by lamer_de »

Its an official release and no bootleg, so english. Usually no honorifics though if I remember correctly.

CU,
lamer_de