Very similar animes, What do you think?

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

michelin

Very similar animes, What do you think?

Post by michelin »

I just finished watching Tokyo Underground and I found it very similar in scenerio and storyline to Bleach. Sure, there r some huge differences but does anyone else think that Bleach may have recycled the Toyko Underground story.

My first Post!! :D
airsBlue

Post by airsBlue »

no way... bleach and Tokyo underground are on whole different scale, there is absulote no way both of them could be similar
michelin

Post by michelin »

Your joking right?? Its about a group of people, with powers, that go into another world to save a girl. Training before they go. Fighting along the way, making new allies and friends, converting bad people to their side. It is Bleach. Sure the plot is different but the story is the same.

Tell me how it is not??
airsBlue

Post by airsBlue »

michelin said:
Its about a group of people, with powers, that go into another world to save a girl. Training before they go. Fighting along the way, making new allies and friends, converting bad people to their side
first of all they didn't go to another world they go to place build under tokyo that was orginally used to study people and see their power, they then revolt got control of that area and because of that the goverment shut them underground ... that's what i remeber if correctly or not..

in bleach they are talking about three worlds .. actually 4 <- soon to be reveled in manga ..
the human world, shinigami world, hollow world, and (((the shinigami royal family live )))...

and the part about bleach being about savign girl it happened at 1 point of the stroy not that the story about it, also the reason for saving each girl is different rukia was about to put to death, in tokyo underground they needed her power to open and destroy or control the upper world.

Fighting along the way, making new allies and friends, converting bad people to their side thier are a lot of anime like that ..

anyway for me .. i don't see any point of similarity between them.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

michelin wrote:Your joking right?? Its about a group of people, with powers, that go into another world to save a girl. Training before they go. Fighting along the way, making new allies and friends, converting bad people to their side. It is Bleach. Sure the plot is different but the story is the same.

Tell me how it is not??
You just described the entire genre.
michelin

Post by michelin »

Fine, I will withdraw my statement.

But I think you are looking at Bleach and Tokyo Underground to closely that is why you don't see similarities.

I also know that the anime genre is all like this sort of thing but this case stood out to me.
airsBlue

Post by airsBlue »

if want series more likely to tokyounderground u can watch getbackers ... even thought the part about going to save girl doesn't exist in the series :) all of other similarity exist ...

and getbackers is way better than tokyo underground in everything. i think .. i watched them along time ago so don't remember

and yeah when saying similarity i like to look closely about every details and sorry to say this i can't find any similarity between bleach and tokyo underground :!:
Hoerie

Post by Hoerie »

They are both made of coloured dots...so they must be very similar to ascii-art...;-)
greiver179

Post by greiver179 »

HAHA the serie thats most like Tokyo Underground is probally Flame of Recca doesnt anyone agree?
michelin

Post by michelin »

We can look at the anime industry and see similarities in all anime but even though I love the genre, I love to see a completely original work. Ghibli is good at that.
I still think that Tokyo Underground is closely related to that one part of Bleach when they go to sole society to save "Whats her name" Maybe you should all watch the scenes again and actually look for the similarities.
Hoerie

Post by Hoerie »

Actually there are a lot of similarities between different Ghibli productions. In the end, at some level of abstraction, every story is similar to another story. I mean, Hunter X Hunter, Flame Of Recca and Naruto are pretty similar too. Pokemon, Digimon, Beyblade, Yugioh all have similar 'gotta catch 'em all' things going on. In the end they are still individual series.
If you look closely enough you will see substantial differences, and if you take enough steps back they will seem similar.
airsBlue

Post by airsBlue »

seeing anime different and similar also depend on how mush u watched so far .. if u watched huge number of anime u start to look more deeply to the anime looking for similarities and differences while if u watched a few u even saw them totally different ( even if they were same settings ) or u see them similar.
doomnezeu

Post by doomnezeu »

Anime with similarites, eh?
You can say that, as a long shot. For example, all ecchi/harem/school/comedy animes have a series of characters that go from an anime to another. The absolute imbecile fellow, the hawt chick, the smart chick, the sports chick, the evil chick, etc. But the fun in it is to see each series as a whole.
greiver179

Post by greiver179 »

Bey blade and Duel monster very similar
Digimon and Pokemon also
Power Ranger and those yaiba guys or something
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... e&aid=3207 (powerpuff girls and the american version of powerpuff girls
sjabbie

Post by sjabbie »

Michelin, maybe you should watch more than a hundred non-hentai (I found your mylist :P) anime before you start making these statements ;).