top 10 objection

talk about your favorite anime here

Moderator: AniDB

jubei

top 10 objection

Post by jubei »

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

How is this possible that this anime is on TOP. It's outranking some fantastice anime's out there. I think anidb's rating system needs a revamp.

mabye you can consult imdb to ask how they implement their voting/ranking system.
Last edited by jubei on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Der Idiot
AniDB Staff

Post by Der Idiot »

OMG OMG OMG ZOME1 CALLZ TEH POLICE VASD111!1!!11 NARUTO HAS TO BEH ONZ OF KOURZ11111!11!11!!
egg

Post by egg »

This happens almost every time a new somewhat popular anime is completed. What happens is everyone who is interested in the show in the first place watches it and naturally gives it high votes. That means the anime jumps to the top of the rankings. As more and more people watch the anime, then people will give it a more realistic votes (and some tards that believe it shouldn't be at the top will vote 1) and it will drop in the overall rating and in its ranking. It happens over and over again.

Now if you can show that there are tons accounts that were created just to vote 10 on this anime, then you have something that you can give to the mods that they can do something with. Otherwise understand that not everyone has the same opinion as you.
waswas1717

Post by waswas1717 »

Hi there ..
This happened before with Eureka 7.. and as Egg has said, it happens almost every time a new popular anime is completed.
One feature of AniDB is their number of users. This feature really removes the bias from voting "Or at least decreases it to a very small figure". I think that the top 10 of AniDB is one of the most logical lists amongst anime sites. Thats why I think there is no need for them to consult Imdb (althought I dont think they're even considering the option).
There has been a lot of posts in regads of the voting system in AniDB. you can check them..
Thanx
Mohammed
Jack

Re: top 10 objection

Post by Jack »

jubei wrote:Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

How is this possible that this anime is on TOP. It's outranking some fantastice anime's out there. I think anidb's rating system needs a revamp.

mabye you can consult imdb to ask how they implement their voting/ranking system.

Actually, imdb's top list algorithm curves out the up/down voters (which this anime seems to be getting, a lot of 1's but no 2/3/4's, but to be fair, almost all anime's on the top list are like this). Im not sure if anidb's does this.

And same thing with movies, new popular movie comes around and gets an 8, months later its down to 7.5

Though theres good reason Suzumiya is up there, seems to be very popular, have you even watched it?
jubei

Post by jubei »

Actually I have watched the 1st two episodes and to be honest I kinda like it. ROFL :D
superzombie23

Post by superzombie23 »

Suzumiya Haruhi is a very good anime. Since you saw it, I guess you understand whyy its up there. It's a fantastic, high quality anime IMO. Samurai Trust/Bretryal is good with the story and all... but you know its a little on the boring side w/o the comedy :P... And, Full Metal Alchemist should be under Samurai X.
superzombie23

Post by superzombie23 »

61 people voted 1/10 for Haruhi and that compared to the ratings 2-5/10, it's rediculous.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Half the animes on the top 10 does not even belong there compared to my own votes, clearly this is a sign of biased voting by kids, tards, imbeciles and lowlife scum in general, I suggest we solve this situation by letting me set the top 10 list manually.
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

PetriW wrote:Half the animes on the top 10 does not even belong there compared to my own votes, clearly this is a sign of biased voting by kids, tards, imbeciles and lowlife scum in general, I suggest we solve this situation by letting me set the top 10 list manually.
i have better ideia still, one that would solve every problem :P

let the anidb Top10 reflect the users top 10 votes, that would make every narutard, elfen-lied tard and every other tard happy, cause their favorite animes were on top, instant problem solving :P
tzang

Post by tzang »

PetriW wrote:Half the animes on the top 10 does not even belong there compared to my own votes, clearly this is a sign of biased voting by kids, tards, imbeciles and lowlife scum in general
One of very few things that degrades this community but is there something that can be done about it? :?
PetriW wrote:I suggest we solve this situation by letting me set the top 10 list manually.
You'll need to write the reviews for the animes too to justify your list. I mean, look at the reviews for Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, "omgwtfbbqlol 10 out of 10!!!!!111" is all I see :P
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

tzang wrote:
PetriW wrote:I suggest we solve this situation by letting me set the top 10 list manually.
You'll need to write the reviews for the animes too to justify your list. I mean, look at the reviews for Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, "omgwtfbbqlol 10 out of 10!!!!!111" is all I see :P
Why would I have to motivate my opinion, it's without flaw and anyone who says it's not is one of the aforementioned (a kid, tard, imbecile and/or lowlife scum in general).
airsBlue

Post by airsBlue »

PetriW said :
Half the animes on the top 10 does not even belong there compared to my own votes, clearly this is a sign of biased voting by kids, tards, imbeciles and lowlife scum in general, I suggest we solve this situation by letting me set the top 10 list manually.
so what's the top 10 anime (should be) in ur opinion ??
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

airsBlue wrote:
PetriW said :
so what's the top 10 anime (should be) in ur opinion ??
Hmm, let's see here:
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu <~ nice but top of top ten? nah, lower for certain
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuiokuhen <~ Haven't seen it so it must suck, out with it
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi <~ nice but not top 10 material, sorry
Great Teacher Onizuka <~ Onizuka is annoying, sorry but gone too
School Rumble <~ This one is fun, can stay
Juuni Kokuki <~ That this is below Hagaren shows that idiots are ruining everything on anidb!
Monster <~ Can stay too!
Hachimitsu to Clover <~ Haven't seen it but I plan to so it can stay
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu <~ Not top 10 but can get slot 12
Cowboy Bebop <~ Intro sux, can get slot 25

Of course, to replace causalties above we add the SnS saga, Saikano, some Ghibli stuff (not Spirited Away), FuriKuri, Kanon and FMP1!

Heck, while I'm at it I think we should let me override all votes in AniDB, I mean, if I've voted for anime X, clearly everyone elses opinion is inferiour and my vote should override theirs. So instead of Naruto being 7.64 (with the downvoting included) it would be 6.5, which is of course fully reasonable given it's my opinion.
Actually, we should change the scale of the voting system too, it's quite unreasonable that an anime like Naruto would get 6.5, 3.5 would be more reasonable actually.

Maybe we should remove the permanent votes and let everyone else temp vote, and once I have set my permanent vote the temp vote is hidden. If I temp vote all temp votes are also hidden of course.

We should not forget reviews either, if I find a review to differ with my godgiven opinion I should be able to delete it and permaban the reviewer from anidb forever along with sending a gang of policemen over to arrest the complete idiot who wrote something so unreasonable, minimum jail sentence 20 years, with a two nice cellmates named Brutus and Aironey, they have been senteced to abuse the heretic for 20 years.

I'll have a talk with EXP about these most urgent changes to AniDB, the site will be a much better place once I'm in firm control over what's quality and what's not.
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

I think that's a good idea and I think EXP should implement it ASAP, leaving all the other things behind. This would finally make anidb have the most supreme voting system as the votes would stay static, I mean constantly changing vote ratings only confuse ppl anyway.